internet not working, internet adapter drivers failing???

tage0906

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
I built my pc, installed windows 10, installed the drivers that came with the motherboard and graphics card in the form of dvds, but my internet doesn't work. I am using an internet cable but it doesn't work. I troubleshoot the problems and it says that my internet adapter needs drivers. I check device manager and try to uninstall the internet adapter drivers and restart my system, and then when I start again the drivers has been reinstalled by windows or whatever. but still, my internet doesn't work and the same troubleshoot problem keeps turning up. any advice?

Solution

You'll then have to do this:

1. Open run by pressing Windows key + r
2. Type 'regedit' and press enter
3. Now locate the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContrSet\Control\Network
4. In the right panel you'll see a binary key called 'Config'. You'll have to delete that one (don't worry, it will reset later).
5. Now close regedit and open the before mentioned location.

It...

manddy123

Admirable
In a different PC
Go to the manufacturer's web page, search for your mobo model and download the drivers from there. Transfer those to your current PC through a USB and install them.

Most drivers that come inside those CDs are really outdated and not really worth installing.
After getting internet connection do the same for your GPU drivers.

Jakestaudal

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Try this:

1. Click the 'Internet access' in your taskbar.
2. Navigate to 'Network & Internet settings' and click it.
3. Go to 'Change adapter options'.
4. Find your 'Ethernet' and Enable it if it's Disabled.

Your network card should be no problems since you're running an internet cable.

Hope it works!

tage0906

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

I did that with the LAN driver but it wasn't installed. it said that deep sleep mode was activated and that I had to Plug The Cable?

tage0906

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

it says "this folder is empty" ???

Jakestaudal

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017

You'll then have to do this:

1. Open run by pressing Windows key + r
2. Type 'regedit' and press enter
3. Now locate the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContrSet\Control\Network
4. In the right panel you'll see a binary key called 'Config'. You'll have to delete that one (don't worry, it will reset later).
5. Now close regedit and open the before mentioned location.

It should show up your network drivers.

Solution