[SOLVED] Internet problem

Feb 26, 2022
Problem: Severe lagging problem so up until around 3 weeks ago my internet was perfect my average ping was about 20 - 35 and I never lagged in a game once then one day I started severely lagging like 19 ping to all the sudden 100s and then 200s and it would keep going up then back down constantly so I did a fresh install of windows thinking it was going to fix it ... it did not fix it so I went ahead and bought a new WIFI adapter and I am still having this problem and have watched count less videos on how to fix it and nothing has worked I also do not think it is my router because I get average to above average upload and download speeds IT MOSTLY IS HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN I PLAY GAMES

By the way the WIFI adapter driver is called: Realtek 8812bu wireless

My ping is 6ms, My upload speed is 46.43, My download speed is 55.40 IT WAS ALL TESTED ON Speedtest.net

Old WIFI adapter: https://www.amazon.com/H50334-802-11ac-Wireless-installation-Compatible/dp/B076PRRVY6
NEW WIFI adapter: https://www.amazon.com/EDUP-LOVE-AC...ds=wifi+adapter+for+pc&qid=1645894756&sr=8-10

Specs:
GPU: gtx 1060

CPU: i5 3470

Solution
The most likely cause is your neighbor got a new router or mesh system or whatever and is now using the same radio channels as you .

Since you replace the nic there is not much else. The newer nic should be a bit faster but that is only if there is not a lot of interference.

All you can try to do is change the radio channels on the router. It likely will make no difference. Almost all the wifi radio bandwidth is massively over crowded and many of the newest router and mesh systems will attempt to use every possible channel. So you likely have mulitple neighbors all trying to use all the channels.

There really is no solution. I guess if you want to chase new technology you could look at wifi6e stuff. You will need to...
The most likely cause is your neighbor got a new router or mesh system or whatever and is now using the same radio channels as you .

Since you replace the nic there is not much else. The newer nic should be a bit faster but that is only if there is not a lot of interference.

All you can try to do is change the radio channels on the router. It likely will make no difference. Almost all the wifi radio bandwidth is massively over crowded and many of the newest router and mesh systems will attempt to use every possible channel. So you likely have mulitple neighbors all trying to use all the channels.

There really is no solution. I guess if you want to chase new technology you could look at wifi6e stuff. You will need to replace both your router and your nic.

Maybe consider not using wifi. Finding some way to run a ethernet cable is the best. If not you could consider MoCA or powerline network stuff. Using wifi to play games should always be your last option.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS