[SOLVED] Internet speed is 100mbps ON ONLY MY PC when im paying for 400mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthianne

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
My fiance and I recently(tonight) upgraded our internet to 400 mbps from 100 mbps. He is getting the new speeds but I am not. I made sure my adapter is not throttling the speed, I've uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers for my LAN adapter and I'm still having no luck, My motherboard can support up to 1GB and even when I try full throttle 1000mbps it still does not pick up the new speed, we've tried his cable in my pc and my pc still throttles it to 100mbps and im unsure of how to fix it. Our router also does not have a QoS option and I've ensured that its not the port on the router as I've changed ports as well.

I have an asus x99e motherboard with an intel I218V adapter the controller has been reset to auto since setting it to 1000mbps did not resolve the issue, I'm stumped here and could definitely use some help.

View: https://imgur.com/DwsrjgK
-auto negotiate image(upload option was saying something went wrong so posting links instead, checked rules to ensure imgur was okay)
View: https://imgur.com/WfLaGdR
-1000mbps

As I mentioned earlier, ive tried my fiances cord and was still capped at 100mbps, his computer is getting 600mbps down which is more than we pay for,

I've checked other posts on the forum similar to mine and it all seems to suggest the cable/motherboard is limiting the speed but that is not the case for me. please help.

Solution
The first thing I would try is booting your system with a linux live cd and seeing what your speed is. If it is still the same, then it's not your system and somewhere in the network. Otherwise, it's a windows driver or hardware issue on your system.
The first thing I would try is booting your system with a linux live cd and seeing what your speed is. If it is still the same, then it's not your system and somewhere in the network. Otherwise, it's a windows driver or hardware issue on your system.

Solution

Arthianne

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
I tried linux and found it was a window setting, I fixed it using command prompt with the code: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

And this resolved my issue, I'm now getting almost 800 down, which is double what I'm paying for so i cant complain, thank you so much.

Reactions: SamirD and Queneth
Apr 2, 2021
I tried linux and found it was a window setting, I fixed it using command prompt with the code: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

And this resolved my issue, I'm now getting almost 800 down, which is double what I'm paying for so i cant complain, thank you so much.

I have been looking for literally an entire week on this issue and you solved it for me, thank you so much! I made an account just to thank you lol

Reactions: SamirD
Status
Not open for further replies.