Internet Troll Gets Tracked Down, Confronted in Real Life

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]i thought the story would end a little more action packed.[/citation]
His nervousness showed just that, he would go violent if there were no camera nor people around. He could be an unemployed person, with few money (seems he has a kid?) and the way he smoked the cigarette showed that...
He was obviously surprised and he couldn't hide it.

G

I know I'm late posting to this article.

If there ever is a show where they hunted internet trolls and enabled the people trolled to confront the troll in person, I'd definitely watch it. Should make for some very satisfying entertainment.

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Since when is being racist illegal? It's vile, stupid and hurtful, but it's not illegal.[/citation]

It could be illegal in Britain. They have no freedom of speech.

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]LOL FAIL dude you just made a racist remark against britsbut [/citation]

Being a subject of the British Crown (not even a free citizen) is not a race.
Even if it was, so what? He is entitled to his opinion, moreover his opinion could be right and yours wrong. Imagine that!

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Anyone who posts racist comments just for kicks in a forum where people are grieving over a person's death is not a human being, they are a piece of garbage and deserve no better treatment than such.[/citation]

Anyone who is going to treat a person as just a piece of garbage just because of their opinion are not human beings and should be put down for causing harm to actual human beings. You know, those with opinions.

i guess i will have to post this again for the troll who doesn't read:

taken from dictonary.com

rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

have a nice day

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]danjimaru[/nom]"the BBC reporter points out that 'people have gone to prison for less'", yep the typical briton attitude about freedom of speech and civilian rights vs morality. I don't support racism and what this guy does is wrong but hate speech in general is valid and people that can't understand this need to keep the hell away from the internet. The same people that point fingers to this troll will be the type of citizen to organize neighbourhood watches against former sex offenders, pedos and radical islamists to publicly "expose" and lynch them in any way possible... just reading the comments here gives me the creeps[/citation]
There are several schools of thought on this issue but I don't see how you can tell people if they don't like to see racial comments then they just need to stay away from the internet. It is really up to web sites to allow/disallow inflamitory speech on thier site. People may scream freedom of speech etc etc but websites do not have to post things that may damage their reputations.

I only know of one way to lynch people /sarcasm

ingeloak

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Racism is not a crime, but what you do with your beliefs might be. our troll is doing what amounts to cyberbullying and possible harrassment. that CAN be a crime in the right forum.

crtune

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
This is speculation, of course, but I'd note that this guy already knows the maximum sentence meted out for similar violations. He seems to have weighed the loss versus his "gain". What gain? I'd speculate that trolls often do not have the actual opinion they post. They post opinions, or statements which CAUSE something. They want to see cumulative or severe REACTION to what they post. They are fishing for anger, and strong reaction to posts. They are trying to find "meme" approaches which WORK to achieve strong reaction. They may post something racist, because it's effective at getting a strong reaction back. It likely does not matter to them, whether they believer it or not. That's not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.