Internet Troll Gets Tracked Down, Confronted in Real Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Not the typical reaction I imagined a troll would have when exposed in real life.

If they host a show about hunting internet trolls, I'd definitely watch it.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I just went looking for him on facebook....couldn't find him. Post a link to his facebook if someone does find him. I'd like to pay back what hes done with the same shit he's been doing.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
In real life troll hunting would be most effective with slashed tires and dog poo in their front porch, just saying. Giving them a medium for more trolling is hardly the answer it is just feeding the troll on another level.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Wow, this guy is messed up. Racism isn't an opinion, it's a hate crime.

[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]If you think the internet is vulgar. Wait till you see real life !The internet is also a haven for sensitive liberals.[/citation]

You sir generalise people who believe in liberalism. this isn't a forum for political bashing of liberalism and conservatism.

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]Why is this guy so immature?Now post hateful messages on his facebook and let's see how he will feel about that[/citation]

and that's what trolls want. They feed off of any emotional response. If you respond in any way then you're giving them what they want. Hell, it doesn't even need to be negative.

I willing to bet he won't be trolling much anymore since his real name and where he lives has been exposed...Maybe the authorities should investigate these trolls more often and make their real names public like they did in the video. Most of them would get scared and stop pretty quick if they knew they were exposed and anyone could find them. IMO.

I guess from his reaction to the news crew, this guy is a troll in real life too. Hopefully he gets put in his place by authorities or I hate to even say it, the people that he has trolled.

@jl0329 I'd watch it too. lol. Instead of Man Tracker, they could call it Troll Tracker. Then they could have the people being trolled confront the troll in real life. Man I bet it would be some good watching. lol.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Racism isn't an opinion, it's a hate crime.[/citation]
Since when is being racist illegal? It's vile, stupid and hurtful, but it's not illegal.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Wow, this guy is messed up. Racism isn't an opinion, it's a hate crime.
You sir generalise people who believe in liberalism. this isn't a forum for political bashing of liberalism and conservatism.[/citation]
Racism is a hate crime?

While racism may be despicable, the fact you seem to want to criminalize opinions is just as frightening. Guess freedom of thought is something you don't like. You are on a slippery slope with that attitude.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Since when is being racist illegal? It's vile, stupid and hurtful, but it's not illegal.[/citation]

It may not be illegal in personal opinion, but it IS illegal in public and private practice.

jdw_swb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Since when is being racist illegal? It's vile, stupid and hurtful, but it's not illegal.[/citation]

It is, making racist comments is an illegal act.

danjimaru

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
"the BBC reporter points out that 'people have gone to prison for less'", yep the typical briton attitude about freedom of speech and civilian rights vs morality. I don't support racism and what this guy does is wrong but hate speech in general is valid and people that can't understand this need to keep the hell away from the internet.
The same people that point fingers to this troll will be the type of citizen to organize neighbourhood watches against former sex offenders, pedos and radical islamists to publicly "expose" and lynch them in any way possible... just reading the comments here gives me the creeps

LOL FAIL dude you just made a racist remark against brits

but you can try again if you like :hello:

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Well I don’t have anything against trolls, if you have the oportunity to speak with them you will see that most of them are very nice, I have some trolls living in my capital city and I can live with them, sometimes they are really annoying but nothing an orc like me cannot handle.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]It may not be illegal in personal opinion, but it IS illegal in public and private practice.[/citation]
Correct acting on Racism can be illegal. Racism in itself is not illegal. You can hate another race or group as long as you do not act upon that hate you break no laws. Thought is still free...until they figure out how to tax it...

I thought a hate crime was when you react in any way that directly affects someone. That could be in the form of uttering threats, physical violence, severe emotional damage/psycolocical. Just making racists comments in general, or having opinions in general about differences in skin colour/religion/race isn't a hate crime as far as I know. It maybe racist still, but not a crime.

I'm pretty surprised that human's in most civilized nations haven't evolved past the point of racisim yet. It's getting better though. If you look back on what has gone down in history, alot more bad things have happened then what we see today. Maybe in the next 50-100 years it will be pretty much gone. Hopefully....because there is no place for it at all IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.