iPhone 6: All The Hardware Rumors So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Hope they release the phone in various sizes / price points. I hate holding big bulky phones in my pocket/ hands for no reason. I like one handed operation for phones and not feeling like I got a brick in my pants as I really have no use for a bigger screen, I hardly play the crappy games on the App Store or watch movies on my phone. That's what my pc and ps4 are for. If they make it in:Small- 4 inMedium- 4.5 inlarge- 5 inthat'd be cool...or I'll just stick to my 5s until it breaks, and buy backups when it does, because there really isn't a 4 inch phone that comes close to it on the android/ windows side.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hope they release the phone in various sizes / price points. I hate holding big bulky phones in my pocket/ hands for no reason. I like one handed operation for phones and not feeling like I got a brick in my pants as I really have no use for a bigger screen, I hardly play the crappy games on the App Store or watch movies on my phone. That's what my pc and ps4 are for. If they make it in:Small- 4 inMedium- 4.5 inlarge- 5 inthat'd be cool...or I'll just stick to my 5s until it breaks, and buy backups when it does, because there really isn't a 4 inch phone that comes close to it on the android/ windows side.
Well, I'm sure if Jobs was still around, you could have the iPhone in any size you want, as long as you wanted 3.5"But in all seriousness, if Apple were to do such a thing, they would be giving to fragmentation, that thing that everyone bashes Android for, to appeal to the masses. That would tarnish the iPhone reputation and Apple would risk giving up the uniform experience that are so well known for - that would be the most un-Apple thing Apple has done in recent history. In fact, the 5c is pretty un-Apple like. If I were an Apple fanboy, I would call it an abomination.This is why Android lovers love Android - the power of choice.

Jillxz

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
I sure hope they do something about those wide end bezels . I don't find anything attractive about the iPhone. It has a narrow screen , rows and rows of icons , wide end bezels. I can't understand the love people have for this hideous thing called iPhone. So I do hope Apple will improve on the looks of it. But knowing Apple , It won't

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I have a 64gb iPhone 4S, I have had it since day one. I only got it because a girl I was with broke my 3g. I see no reason to upgrade right now. I wish android, apple, windows, etc... Would bring something new to the game, until then my 4s still rocks!

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Zero-bezel is bad for usability, I really doubt Apple will do it. If they are going to have larger displays, then they'll have larger phone.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
We all know how it will be when it comes,4.8 inch-5 inch screen slightly faster than the 5S. Only the Apple fanboys will think its revolutionary and one of a kind and wait in line a week out to get one. Meanwhile over at Samsung they will have flexable/foldable larger screens with higher resolution and blow away the Iphone 6 with the Note 4 and Galaxy S5.

cel65

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
If they don't have a 4 incher, ought to be interesting to see how the Apple fans react. Most I know don't want the large screen but they may not have a choice. Apple is not about choice. They know what's best for everyone right?

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Meanwhile over at Samsung they will have flexable/foldable larger screens with higher resolution and blow away the Iphone 6 with the Note 4 and Galaxy S5.
____________________________________________________________________Meanwhile over at Microsoft/Nokia, engineers have been readying serious technology aimed at business needs with advanced gesture algorithms, full and secure cloud / office integration, a realistic alternative to BES, and much more. Google's "free" ploy has played out. (Samsung? please...)Nothing in this world is truly free, never will be,.Apple's toys are going the way of every other fad, cute but so narrow in focus they're destined to niche groups, same as the Facebook and Twitter distraction (These things now belong to corporate PR groups, ask any 15-17 year old, out of the mainstream).Reality bites kids, the start screen is truly a non issue ( in spite of all the wannabe power user / desktop publisher opinions) it's time to get back to work. The corporate world runs on Microsoft networking, neither Apple, nor Google/Linux are real players here, so choose carefully the skills you focus on. If you really want to be employable that is, a flappy bird / angry bird, facebook / twitter champ has 0 credentials.

g-unit1111

Titan
I wish Apple would ditch their weird retina display resolutions in favor of standard ones like 1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1600 for HD. They also need some bigger screen sizes. The iPhone 5S looks almost miniscule compared to my HTC One. :lol:

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
I must say, I can not wait to buy an iPhone 6s! My Galaxy S4 has been a phone from hell. Constant drops in framerate, app crashes, a malware infested appstore, and overheating have changed my view on android.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
It's been said before. Apple need to up thier game a bit. Since the Iphone 4 came out we have not seen any major changes aside from hardware and software upgrades. Thery have not come up with something new and fresh in a very long time now. Whereas you have Samsung and Sony coming up with curved displays, waterproofing and innovative software features, Apple have failed to innovate at all. Yes the Iphone 5 was a bit bigger, yes the hardware has improved dramatically, but there hasnt been anything new. I would personally like to see the Iphone's design change for once. They can only expect consumers to buy the same thing so many times before it gets boring. While I will never personally own an Apple device (I hate the Apple ecosystem too much) I can give credit where its due. Apple are an amazing company, and they just ahve to come up with some fresh, innovative ideas to be ahead of their game again.

Edit: The hell? Why was this reposted and my other post's removed?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Since you can see the future, otacon, do me a favor and tell me when half life 3 will be released please :)
Tell me about it! I gave up on HF3...sigh. Anyways iPhone is popular with my company and works great with internal email. Was rough during the early intro with iPhones in the work space 4 years ago but cleaned up nicely.I cant wait for larger iPhone and waiting to see what Apple will do next.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
[/quote]Really? Apple is the most valuable company on Earth with more money in the bank than it's next 3 competitors combined. MS will never be a big player in the mobile market... ever. [/quotemsg]

I find this seriously debatable. While Apple may well be the most valuable company money wise, number one this won't last forever, especially seeing as they keep releasing the same phone each year under a different model number and number two, they are most certainly not the most valuable as far as range of products and services is concerned. Companies like Samsung have thier fingers in all sorts of pies, from display tech to shipbuilding. Whereas any aquisitions made by Apple have been aimed entirely at thier i-devices (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Apple). Therefore overall is could be argues that Apple are actually one of the least valuable businesses, as all the mergers and aquisitions made by Samsung and the like all add up to much larger overall yearly income.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

You mean those phones running Android they just released? Microsoft is a joke in the mobile world.

Looking forward to the day where all the hardware can go by with passive cooling and the form factor becomes so small that you can carry a full fledged gaming desktop in your pocket with no compromises.

Don't be so myopic. MS may never be a big player in the US, but they already beat Apple in several growing markets in spite of their app and feature issues. WP8.1 is right around the corner, and will be filling a lot of the feature holes that are keeping people away. In the last year WP has already cleared a lot of the app gap and is picking up more developers all the time. I am not sure WP ever becomes quite as large as Apple is (and certainly not as large as Android/Sammy), but they will have a very comfortable chunk of the market within the next year or two. There is plenty of market for 3 major players in the smartphone sandbox. If nothing else WP will continue to chip away at Android sales and we will have 3 roughly evenly distributed OSs.

All that said, Apple has been stagnant for a long long time now, and the 4s was the last big thing to come from an iPhone product some 3 years ago. The phones look old, the OS looks old, there have been stability issues introduced, siri has gotten dumb with age... a lot of things need to change and Apple is well aware of it all. I fully expect a total redesign of the hardware and back end of the OS, with incremental changes coming to the UI. I doubt we will see a true 'phablet' from Apple, but you can easily fit a much larger screen in a similar size with modern technology. Something along the lines of a 4.7-5" phone does not need to be huge like it use to be a year ago. I will probably never buy an iPhone, but this is the most excited I have ever been about an iPhone release. iOS and Android have been stagnant while WP has been catching up; rather than letting a 3rd party enter the area without a fight, Apple and Google are certainly going to start offering some cool new features to retain customers which is good for everyone.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I heard the new iPhone releases dopamine and oxytocin directly into your brain while your staring at the screen. Even then, for the price you pay for these devices they better return the favor by screwing more than your wallet...

Status
Not open for further replies.