Irish User Returns Exploding Samsung Galaxy S III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If this was due to the phone that is quite scary and hopefully does not happen to anyone else. Someone could get seriously burned if that happened while it was in their hand or even worse has the potential of causing a full blown fire in a home. Nice to see Samsung's reaction however.

pyoverdin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
The phones must have detected iSheep users who bought this temporarily before iphone 5 and commited self-termination.

They sacrificed their own lives for the Android Cause.

He adds: "There is no confirmation that it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my cars heating system."

Looks like all that free stuff and customer care came at a the price of him zipping his lips.

gee_man

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I wouldn’t buy any Samslung product to begin with they have let my family down more then a couple of times with support, customer service & so on.
My children and grand children, brothers & sisters have boycotted any product made or even handled by them.

SirDevon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
"Can you hear me now?" BANG!

Good on Samsung to take ownership on this issue. I've never had a complaint on any of the Samsung products I've owned.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Well I am curious the condition of that location of the car dock. Was it sitting in sun rays or what? There are so many variables that this person didn't mention beside the phone and dock itself.

obsama1

Distinguished
[citation][nom]gee_man[/nom]I wouldn’t buy any Samslung product to begin with they have let my family down more then a couple of times with support, customer service & so on.My children and grand children, brothers & sisters have boycotted any product made or even handled by them.[/citation]

I guess that outrules the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and pretty much any smartphone for using their chips/RAM/components, and even some PC's/Macs.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]gee_man[/nom]I wouldn’t buy any Samslung product to begin with they have let my family down more then a couple of times with support, customer service and so on.My children and grand children, brothers and sisters have boycotted any product made or even handled by them.[/citation]
Are you sure about that? They make many parts for computers, printers, displays (TV's, monitors etc), cameras, camcorders, refrigerators, a/c units, washers, ovens, vacuums, semiconductor chips for various types of RAM and memory, TV receivers, Smart Cards, MP3 players, optical drives (CD/DVD/BD's etc), used to make HDD's, DSLAMs and fax machines, mobile phones, PDA's, satellite receivers, LCD and OLED displays among other things....

You'd have to be pretty damn good to avoid use of any of their products.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]gee_man[/nom]I wouldn’t buy any Samslung product to begin with they have let my family down more then a couple of times with support, customer service & so on.My children and grand children, brothers & sisters have boycotted any product made or even handled by them.[/citation]

I hope you're comfortable with buying products from companies that sometime go to the extreme of silencing consumer complaints, to the point where you'd need a few million dollars and several spare years of life to sue them.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Well at least they actually have an S3 we here in the US cant seem to get it in a timely manner after the rest of the world does.[/citation]
Seriously? The US gets things before other parts of the world too you know.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Here's my best Apple imitation

"He had a cell phone/cigarette lighter and apparently didn't know about that feature. Because of that, he was holding it wrong."

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Why don't more companies behave responsibly like this. I'm looking at the Apples and Activisions of the world.[/citation]
because its the law the place that sold him the phone are actually required BY LAW to offer a fix for the device, the "cellphone warehouse" dont make the phone so it MUST be sent to samsung for replacement and thay are NOT required by law to offer a replacement

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Well I am curious the condition of that location of the car dock. Was it sitting in sun rays or what? There are so many variables that this person didn't mention beside the phone and dock itself.[/citation]
yes thats what i was thinking what did he do to CAUSE it to explode!

Status
Not open for further replies.