[SOLVED] IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSOD when trying to install Windows 10

Mar 11, 2022
I was receiving the BSOD "IRQL not less or equal" on a brand new MSI board i got. So i decided to do a fresh install of windows 10. Problem is every time i try to complete the install i get through most of it till it gives me the BSOD so i cant even complete the windows install. I bought a new motherboard and still get the same error. I've attempted with and w/o my gpu and i only have one stick of ram plugged in. The only things plugged in are my mouse and keyboard and the hdmi plugged into the motherboard and the USB with the installation. PLEASE HELP ME. side note i've already mem tested the the single ram stick im using.

Specs:

Motherboard - Asus Prime Z590-A
CPU - i9-10900k
RAM - 8gb ddr4
GPU - GTX 1660Ti

Colif

Win 11 Master
try unplugging the internet and see if you can get to end then, it might be updating a driver or something.

other choice is check the drive you installing onto as if its not ram, it could be the drive.
updated bios on motherboard?

Mar 11, 2022
try unplugging the internet and see if you can get to end then, it might be updating a driver or something.

other choice is check the drive you installing onto as if its not ram, it could be the drive.
The SSD im trying to install windows on is brand new also like less than a week old. I'll try it without the ethernet plugged in.

Mar 11, 2022

I unplugged the ethernet and was able to install windows but when i was setting windows up "creating pc user / password" it crashed to IRQL again and i got a new BSOD after is restarted of "system service exception with win32kbase.sys" and another BSOD after a restart saying "memory management"

Mar 11, 2022
try making a new USB and see if it happens. different flash drive.

test CPU -
Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware
Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html
Followed all instructions and the iso will not boot, I even removed my SSD and tried again. Any other suggestions? Also meant to add i made a recovery drive off my laptop and its able to "sometimes" get to login and let me login but crashes with a ton of different BSODs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
put ssd back in and make sure its top of boot order. USB shouldn't be in listing
put USB installer into PC
boot into bios
go to advanced/boot menu
choose boot override
pick USB drive from list
PC will restart and boot from USB one time, then on next time, it will go back to ssd.

page 57 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...UF_GAMING_Intel_500_Series_BIOS_EM_WEB_EN.pdf

if it doesn't work, remake the installer as its wrong.

Solution