[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2769844

So there is this game called Borderlands 2. Yesterday I turned off "Fullscreen optimization" for it and after starting up the game the launcher just worked fine and when the game started I just got a BSOD instantly with the error code "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Then after the PC restarted on the BIOS screen it was telling me that the PC is fixing the C drive which is my SSD and windows runs on it but the game was on my HDD.
I really don't know if I should be worried now, or what caused all of this, even don't really know what just happened or what to do.

Solution
Some games might have issues with certain GPUs after driver updates..or before....and/or after certain Windows updates...or before...and possibly only with certain settings....

Alas, beyond reinstalling your game (might cure a simple glitch), or, testing that other games and apps work fine (implies memory seems ok), there are numerous possibilities that need to be eliminated one by one.

But if your OS is telling you the C Drive or D drive need fixing, let it happen, and consider checking CrystalDiskInfo on each...

If just a simple , one time glitch/corruption, perhaps a quick reinstall (be it quick format/reinstall of OS) might be needed....if the drive is failing, such problems might begin recurring...

If a RAM issue caused it, you...
Some games might have issues with certain GPUs after driver updates..or before....and/or after certain Windows updates...or before...and possibly only with certain settings....

Alas, beyond reinstalling your game (might cure a simple glitch), or, testing that other games and apps work fine (implies memory seems ok), there are numerous possibilities that need to be eliminated one by one.

But if your OS is telling you the C Drive or D drive need fixing, let it happen, and consider checking CrystalDiskInfo on each...

If just a simple , one time glitch/corruption, perhaps a quick reinstall (be it quick format/reinstall of OS) might be needed....if the drive is failing, such problems might begin recurring...

If a RAM issue caused it, you can run Memtest86 (a RAM testing in Linux) from USB overnight to test your RAM, and, perhaps feel confident about it...or, if there are failure, at least know there are stability issues in that area that need fixing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.