Question Is 45% NTSC coverage bad?

May 18, 2020
Hi I am a student looking to get a new laptop. Currently I am looking at the new Lenovo Ideapad 5 with the 4000 series AMD chips in them. The hardware looks great but the display is described as having 45% NTSC coverage. All the work I will be doing will be programming and terminal based, but I also want a good display for enjoyable media viewing(Youtube and movies). Will the display suffice or will the colours look to bad?

DeauteratedDog

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
It should be fine for text based work, but I think you will be disappointed watching movies on it.

If you don't need portability for movie-watching, consider adding an old used TV (not so old it doesn't have an HDMI port) as a monitor.

May 18, 2020
It should be fine for text based work, but I think you will be disappointed watching movies on it.

If you don't need portability for movie-watching, consider adding an old used TV (not so old it doesn't have an HDMI port) as a monitor.
I already have the laptop with the 45% NTSC coverage panel on the way, would you say going through the trouble to cancel and reorder one with a better panel for more money is worth it?

Cheers

DeauteratedDog

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I already have the laptop with the 45% NTSC coverage panel on the way, would you say going through the trouble to cancel and reorder one with a better panel for more money is worth it?

Cheers
I wouldn't return it, but I don't watch much media on my laptop (it has a crappy display too, and I live with it when I need to use it to watch movies (e.g. stuck in an airport)).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
techflame700 Displays 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY