[SOLVED] Is 450W Enough For This Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zencxal

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I am ordering a RX 580 8gb XFX, i3-9100F, 16gb DDR4 (2x8) and a micro atx mobo soon and i have a 450W Power supply and was wondering if it could happen to run this config, Already tried a psu calcualtor, no i3-9400f.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yeah, that’s peak and you should as a rough guide have 1/3 extra headroom when picking a psu. Without knowing the exact model and that this came from a pre-built it’s safest to assume it’s one of EVGA’s crappier units.

Will it work? Probably
Would I recommend it? No due to the risk if it does fail. The psu is the one component that can kill other components if it fails. AMD recommend a 500w and that’s for their base model, it’s possible for faster 3rd party gpu’s to have higher requirements. Personally I’d want a good quality 550w minimum.
Yeah, that’s peak and you should as a rough guide have 1/3 extra headroom when picking a psu. Without knowing the exact model and that this came from a pre-built it’s safest to assume it’s one of EVGA’s crappier units.

Will it work? Probably
Would I recommend it? No due to the risk if it does fail. The psu is the one component that can kill other components if it fails. AMD recommend a 500w and that’s for their base model, it’s possible for faster 3rd party gpu’s to have higher requirements. Personally I’d want a good quality 550w minimum.

Solution

Zencxal

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019

Will it work? Probably
Thank You, I Will Really Look Into It, I Think They Sell Some At Best Buy Near Me. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.