[SOLVED] Is 50% Windows Memory Usage on Startup Abnormal?

Dec 17, 2021
Hi,
I got an 8 Gigs RAM on my Windows 10 laptop running on Intel i5 - 11th generation processor,
Lately I have been noticing extra RAM usage at startup without even any applications

Also the figures /resource values are not matching in the task manager

The entire memory value of my user in windows is displaying around 690MB at startup, but on the memory column it shows as 40-50% memory usage(4GB out of 8GB)

Image Link

Is this normal, or is it any hidden virus, please let me know
Any help will be greatly appreciated

froggx

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
This is normal.

The memory usage under users is displaying only what is being used by programs you've started. There's also a system level account (creatively called "system") taking care of low level stuff in the background that stays hidden.

Windows will attempt to guess what programs you may use and cache the necessary files in memory ahead of time to help speed up load times. It does this whenever there's low memory pressure and 40%-50% of your total memory is perfectly normal.

Hi,
I got an 8 Gigs RAM on my Windows 10 laptop running on Intel i5 - 11th generation processor,
Lately I have been noticing extra RAM usage at startup without even any applications

Also the figures /resource values are not matching in the task manager

The entire memory value of my user in windows is displaying around 690MB at startup, but on the memory column it shows as 40-50% memory usage(4GB out of 8GB)

Image Link

Is this normal, or is it any hidden virus, please let me know
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Make your startup group skinny....test.
Turn off unneeded stuff....test.
I don't know if there is a normal I see less than 2GB mem usage at startup with this 8GB w10 system.

Dec 17, 2021
This is normal.

The memory usage under users is displaying only what is being used by programs you've started. There's also a system level account (creatively called "system") taking care of low level stuff in the background that stays hidden.

Windows will attempt to guess what programs you may use and cache the necessary files in memory ahead of time to help speed up load times. It does this whenever there's low memory pressure and 40%-50% of your total memory is perfectly normal.
Thanks, I want to try using premiere pro for basic editing on my 8GB ram for a while, (i am planning to upgrade to 16Gigs). So when I open Premiere pro, the memory consumptions shoots up to 70% , that's why I was freaked out