Question Is 600w enough for my pc?

EmployingBeef2

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2016
I've been noticing that my pc shuts off while trying to play more intensive games (DRG, TWW), and the event viewer gives me a 6008 code. I've already replaced my old 600w power supply with a new one, but the computer still shuts off during testing. Is it my build? Is 600w enough, or do I need something more?

Build:
CPU - i7 3770
Motherboard - BIOSTAR H77MU3
GPU - AMD RX 480
RAM - 16gb DDR3
PSU - Thermaltake SMART 600w

Lutfij

Titan
but the computer still shuts off during testing. Is it my build?
Remove the discrete GPU and then see if the system regains stability, if so, then your PSU can't provide ample power.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your case, the number of fans in said case and your temps for both the CPU and GPU.

PSU - Thermaltake SMART 600w
That isn't exactly a PSU, more like a firestarter. Even if that unit was brand new, I'd advise against it.

You should look into a reliably built PSU to power your entire build, with that RX480 in there. You might want to understand that aftermarket/AIB cards with factory overclocks will require more power than a stock clocked card. In your instance, I'd advise in looking at a reliably built 650W unit, so you can hold onto the unit for future builds.