Is a graphic card must for P67 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

genfin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Does one need to buy a graphics card if you decide to go in for P67 ? Will I not get a display on my monitor if I dont use one ?

What does the following exactly mean ? What care do I take when selecting a motherboard.

a. "However, using a chip with integrated graphics on a P67 motherboard will not allow use of the on-board graphics processor, and likewise, using
a chip without integrated graphics on a H67 motherboard will not allow use of the motherboard's graphics ports."

b. "Intel P67 chipset does not plan to have video output, so to be able to use the IGP Sandy Bridge, you should use a chipset H67."

Exactly as stated in a) and b) below the P67 boards are not equipped to use the integrated HD graphics on the new I3, I5 and I7 LGA1155 CPU's.
If you are planning to use the built in HD graphics your options are either H61 or H67 boards at the present.

genfin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Do you mean to say that if I go in for a P67 motherboard without a graphics card I can still get regular display but not HD whereas with H67 board I dont need a graphics card to be able to view HD ?

The P67 motherboard does not have a VGA, DVI or HDMI port for you to plug your monitor into.

Status
Not open for further replies.