[SOLVED] Is Adrenaline THE driver for an rx 570 gpu?

geniusiemens

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So I've been using nvidia gpus in the past, and for that it seemed obvious that I have a driver to install, and an optional software for whatever, the geforce experience. And now with an amd gpu I'm confused that I can install programs like adrenaline and afterburner, which both seem like performance enhancing and tweaking tools, but no driver-only software. Can someone please explain it to a noob like me?

Solution
Okay, before you do that follow these steps

You can pretty much ditch afterburner now, it isn't really needed, you can overclock from within the radeon software and it's mostly as good as using afterburner anyway.

Which rx 570 do you have? Just install the newest AMD driver software and learn it if it appears to be missing any features then download afterburner. Sapphire nitro is a great overclocker as are many others, on the top end the 570 can outperform the 590. But many are gpu's to weak to be a 580 and are cut down.
Okay, before you do that follow these steps

You can pretty much ditch afterburner now, it isn't really needed, you can overclock from within the radeon software and it's mostly as good as using afterburner anyway.

Which rx 570 do you have? Just install the newest AMD driver software and learn it if it appears to be missing any features then download afterburner. Sapphire nitro is a great overclocker as are many others, on the top end the 570 can outperform the 590. But many are gpu's to weak to be a 580 and are cut down.

Solution

geniusiemens

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
I have an msi oc edition. But what I meant was that I don't know what is "the driver software" because the only options from amd's website are one that's called adrenaline and the afterburner (I understand that I don't need that one now) and other pro stuff. So this was my point, that with nvidia there is "the driver software" and there are other stuff that's not necessary, but with amd it's not clear which is THE driver software.