[SOLVED] Is Android 7 the highest I can update to with the Huawei Honor 6X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1972

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, I have a Huawei Honor 6X, running Android 7. Is this the highest I can update Android to with this phone without rooting it?
I'm pretty sure it is as when I search for updates in the settings it says my phone is up to date, or words to that effect.
Any help would be massively appreciated, P.

Solution
Hi, I have a Huawei Honor 6X, running Android 7. Is this the highest I can update Android to with this phone without rooting it?
I'm pretty sure it is as when I search for updates in the settings it says my phone is up to date, or words to that effect.
If it doesn’t show up when you search it’s likely you wont get another update now as that OS is now 3 gens our. Unless they deceive to give you 8 later on. Android updates are annoying though cos they all come at different times and you don’t know what’s getting what. I mean the Note 8 and s8 lines aren’t on Samsung’s list for android 10.
If it doesn’t show up when you search it’s likely you wont get another update now as that OS is now 3 gens our. Unless they deceive to give you 8 later on. Android updates are annoying though cos they all come at different times and you don’t know what’s getting what. I mean the Note 8 and s8 lines aren’t on Samsung’s list for android 10.

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I would say your presumption is almost certainly correct.

There are many sites, often including the manufacturer's (but not always), that document what is known to be "the terminal Android version" for a given device. Beyond that you do have to root and install a custom ROM if such is available for your device.

There are several sites I refer to often for "deep dive" issues with Android and device specific questions:

xda-developers.com
androidforums.com
forums.androidcentral.com

paul1972

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
OK mate cheers, I guessed it was something like that but thank you anyway.
Nice 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS