Jan 27, 2020
Hi! I am thinking of buying a new monitor and we have sale on samsungs C32JG50 32" pricing normally being around 370e and its now 280e (basically cheaper than anything else, possibly because cjg56 line). for that price it is a great monitor with its "2k" resolution and 144hz and my only doubt about it is that it doesn't have freesync or gsync. so is it necessary at that refresh rate because i've been told that freesync mostly affects around 80-120 fps and few forums were very encouraging to get it even though it doesn't have it. I currenty have R5 3600 as a gpu and nVidia 1060 6gb as my gpu but i am going to buy a new graphics card( 2060s-2070s or 5700xt) too so i can reach those framerates.

Any advise or expriences would be great!!!

Solution
Depends on how picky you are. The monitor doesn't need freesync. It just won't look quite as nice while gaming as it would with freesync. Just because a monitor supports freesync. Doesn't mean it supports it very well and may end up looking better with freesync disabled.

Jan 27, 2020
Depends on how picky you are. The monitor doesn't need freesync. It just won't look quite as nice while gaming as it would with freesync. Just because a monitor supports freesync. Doesn't mean it supports it very well and may end up looking better with freesync disabled.
ok well i currently have acer nitro 1080p 75hz monitor what does support freesync so i think i shouldn't be noticing much of a difference, cause refresh rate almost doubles over my old monitor and with that resolution also increasing, i think i should be very much fine with that samsung especially for that price.

Thanks!!

Solution