[SOLVED] Is G.Skill RipjawsV 16Gb (2x8 Gb) 3600 MHz combatible with Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite?

Blazhun

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys, I know this should normally take a 2 sec google search but I'm not sure about it and want to make sure the RAM fits the Mobo as nothing states clearly that these particular sticks fit. I'm talking about the G.Skill RipjawsV 16 Gb (2x8 Gb) 3600 MHz with DDR4-3600MHz CL19-20-20-40 1.35V product number. If incompatibility would be the case what similar RAM would you recommend?

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
Hi guys, I know this should normally take a 2 sec google search but I'm not sure about it and want to make sure the RAM fits the Mobo as nothing states clearly that these particular sticks fit. I'm talking about the G.Skill RipjawsV 16 Gb (2x8 Gb) 3600 MHz with DDR4-3600MHz CL19-20-20-40 1.35V product number. If incompatibility would be the case what similar RAM would you recommend?
Take a look at the support list HERE, which lists the memory by brand and full model number. Note that it matters which type CPU you use -- most likely Matisse.

At a quick glance, I do not see that kit on there.

Where do you plan to order it from -- to see what kits they have that are on the QVL? For example THIS G.Skill 2x8GB kit from Newegg is on the QVL.

Blazhun

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
Take a look at the support list HERE, which lists the memory by brand and full model number. Note that it matters which type CPU you use -- most likely Matisse.

At a quick glance, I do not see that kit on there.

Where do you plan to order it from -- to see what kits they have that are on the QVL?
Yeah, that's why I asked. I'm ordering from a local PC store here in Hungary I'll link you the G.Skill page that it redirects to if you ask about the product info. https://www.gskill.com/product/165/...VDDR4-3600MHz-CL19-20-20-40-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)

I choose this kit because they go pretty cheap compared to similar products.

RealBeast

Titan
Solution