[SOLVED] Is GTX 550 Ti or GTX 560 1Gb card enough for I5 12400F?

Apr 4, 2022
My country is in a massive economic crisis and all shops are hiding stock of everything and the prices twice higher than usual because of (usd)$ shortage. Before al this i already perchance i5 12400F with Gigabyte B660M gaming ddr4 motherboard and corsir vangance lpx 3200mhz cl16 8gb ram, corsir cv450 powersuppy and addlink s70 nvme ssd. Now everything gpu is higher twice than inflated prices.. so only old gtx 550/550ti/560 1GB used gpus are worth to buying in this price level.. so i just want a display out with my current 1366/768 monitor to work with windows 10.. so what is the best mentioned gpu for my setup.. please help me

Solution
It looks like a 550ti would work. I wouldn't go higher than that.

Despite the extra frequency and enhanced back-end, the GTX 550 Ti 1GB requires just a single 6-pin PCI-E power cable, and has suitably diminutive power requirements. Nvidia recommends a 400W PSU, but with a maximum stated TDP of 116W, almost any PC sold in the last few years should handle a GTX 550 Ti 1GB upgrade.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of your audience/our community, can you state where you're located and what you have access to? I wish you got a higher quality and higher wattage unit as opposed to that CV unit. The wattage alone will not be enough once you drop the discrete GPU into your build. Might as well bite the bullet and get something concurrent for a higher price or ask a friend for a donor GPU. The GPU's you've listed above are already EoL and will very likely be duds in 2022.

logainofhades

Titan
It looks like a 550ti would work. I wouldn't go higher than that.

Despite the extra frequency and enhanced back-end, the GTX 550 Ti 1GB requires just a single 6-pin PCI-E power cable, and has suitably diminutive power requirements. Nvidia recommends a 400W PSU, but with a maximum stated TDP of 116W, almost any PC sold in the last few years should handle a GTX 550 Ti 1GB upgrade.

Reactions: Nadeezhw95
Solution
Apr 4, 2022
I'm gonna upgraded psu and gpu in later this year with trx 4060/4070 so till then i'm gonna use this pgu and psu is that psu will enough for this type of card?