Question Is GTX or RTX graphics card better?

Jul 31, 2024
I'm trying to decide between a GTX and an RTX graphics card for my new build. Can you explain the key differences between these two series in terms of performance, features, and overall value? Which one would you recommend for someone who wants a balance of gaming and productivity?

I'm trying to decide between a GTX and an RTX graphics card for my new build. Can you explain the key differences between these two series in terms of performance, features, and overall value? Which one would you recommend for someone who wants a balance of gaming and productivity?
RTX, when Nvidia went all in on Ray tracing with their 2000 series several years ago, they introduced the RTX brand to differentiate their cards that had raytracing capability, from their older cards that did not. Nvidia has basically retired the GTX brand name, and the last new card to bear it was the GTX 1660 Super, released several years ago. What are you looking to do with your computer? Are you looking to build a new one or upgrade your current one? If you are looking to upgrade, can you please give us the complete specs of your current computer? In which country are you located so we can help look for local pricing?

js2

Jul 16, 2024
They are the same brand with GTX being the older framework. But the newer cards are not without their issues compared to AMD.