Question Is hot glue safe to use on motherboard? (m.2 related w/ pics)

I built a 5700x system last summer. (july)
The motherboard (MSI X570S edge max wifi) had an issue with the 1st m.2 cover. (pics show issue)

Never RMA'd it as I needed PC running (and rma's can take awhile) and everything "works" just "not ideal to have a part not doing its job)

So issue is the m.2 slot cover's standoff came out of the MB's hole.

as you can see the standoff hole is missing the standoff
GonyzG1.jpeg
which is attached to the m.2 cover/heatsink (it does not want to unscrew assume it was tightened too much at factory)
5qoBGtA.jpeg
and trying to put it back it fits, but nothing to keep it down (it just flops back up which means pressure on m.2 is lacking)
kK5o6rk.jpeg
pressing it into its hole to apply pressure to m.2/thermal pad removes gap at pcb...
EglZhQf.jpeg
but only until I release and it pops back up again (as nothing to hold it down)
gNNxWgu.jpeg

So is hot glue safe to use on MB's PCB ( on the back as dont want risk the chips near standoff being damaged removing glue) to see if it can hold the standoff in place just to hopefully give it some sort of pressure on the m.2 for betetr thermal transfer?
Any other options that are safe?

I may RMA it in future (before its warranty is over) when I can afford system to be down for process so I don't want to damage it any.

letmepicyou

Honorable
Mar 5, 2019
The motherboard (MSI X570S edge max wifi) had an issue with the 1st m.2 cover. (pics show issue)

Never RMA'd it as I needed PC running (and rma's can take awhile) and everything "works" just "not ideal to have a part not doing its job)

So issue is the m.2 slot cover's standoff came out of the MB's hole.

as you can see the standoff hole is missing the standoff
GonyzG1.jpeg
which is attached to the m.2 cover/heatsink (it does not want to unscrew assume it was tightened too much at factory)
5qoBGtA.jpeg
and trying to put it back it fits, but nothing to keep it down (it just flops back up which means pressure on m.2 is lacking)
kK5o6rk.jpeg
pressing it into its hole to apply pressure to m.2/thermal pad removes gap at pcb...
EglZhQf.jpeg
but only until I release and it pops back up again (as nothing to hold it down)
gNNxWgu.jpeg

So is hot glue safe to use on MB's PCB ( on the back as dont want risk the chips near standoff being damaged removing glue) to see if it can hold the standoff in place just to hopefully give it some sort of pressure on the m.2 for betetr thermal transfer?
Any other options that are safe?

I may RMA it in future (before its warranty is over) when I can afford system to be down for process so I don't want to damage it any.
Hot glue is WAY too soft an adhesive for this. You want to get some 5 minute epoxy for this...just a dab will do ya, as the saying goes, but make sure you mix it WELL, and let it sit overnight. You just won't be removing it again. But at least you'll be able to screw your M.2 drives down.

Hot melt glue is commonly used to hold components on PCB's. It's pretty common to see it inside PSU's being used to stake large components together and to the board and heatsinks to prevent their movement in shipping.

Loctite would certainly work, although I'd suggest using Loctite 222, purple, but I'd have no problem using hotmelt to stake the standoff in place. One really good attribute of the hot melt is it's usually easy to pick it off the board and parts if needed, not so sure about Loctite.