[SOLVED] Is it a good time to get a graphics card?

Foyezes

Commendable
Mar 26, 2022
I was planning on getting an rx 570 but they're mostly out of stock and way over MSRP. I found an 1050ti for ~$185. Should I wait or get the 1050ti or a used rx 570 for my i5 6400?

Solution
really, its need based. if you really MUST right now, then you have no choice and need to pay what they cost.

if you can wait, then it will likely pay off with lower prices. when will they bottom out?? no one can know, but closer to msrp is the best you can hope for as prices drop.

i do suggest avoiding the pitfall of buying a used gpu. they tend to be mining cards that have been driven hard. it may last, it may not and i'm not recommending anyone risk their money on a crap shoot. some of them are priced well but the seller only wants to dump it asap before it craps out.

Foyezes

Commendable
Mar 26, 2022
It's getting better. But as you pointed out they are still over MSRP. We are approaching resonable so depending on your need I could see buying one.
My main reason for getting one is for 3d modelling, rendering and games mostly. It's not that urgent and my budget is tight. I'm planning on waiting it out a few months. Maybe intel's arc series will help the prices idk

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
really, its need based. if you really MUST right now, then you have no choice and need to pay what they cost.

if you can wait, then it will likely pay off with lower prices. when will they bottom out?? no one can know, but closer to msrp is the best you can hope for as prices drop.

i do suggest avoiding the pitfall of buying a used gpu. they tend to be mining cards that have been driven hard. it may last, it may not and i'm not recommending anyone risk their money on a crap shoot. some of them are priced well but the seller only wants to dump it asap before it craps out.

Solution

Foyezes

Commendable
Mar 26, 2022

I'm planning on upgrading my pc from motherboard to gpu to cpu. So I'll wait it out for a few months

KyaraM

Admirable
My main reason for getting one is for 3d modelling, rendering and games mostly. It's not that urgent and my budget is tight. I'm planning on waiting it out a few months. Maybe intel's arc series will help the prices idk
If you can wait a bit longer, do so and see what the market has to offer then. Who knows, if you can scrounge up enough money/prices continue to fall, you might even get a RTX 3050 or RX6600.