Aaradhya Sharma

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Greetings
I'm confused between i5 2500k and i5 3570, 2500k is ranked higher but I think that's because it's overlocked, help me
Thanks in advance
Have a great day ☺

Solution
  1. Motherboard - 3rd gen Asus
  2. I5 2500k
  3. 8gb ram
  4. 450W
  5. Gtx 1660
  6. Yes I'm upgrading
  7. Main - Gaming, secondary - Coding and work station
  8. Fps games like - COD Warzone
  9. Very tight budget
  10. I'd have the cooler, and it's not available too but I can get the paste
Hope this helps

If I undertsand correctly then theres no point in going from i5 2500K to a i5 3570, theres no much of a benefit on it.

OC the i5 2500K could lead to potential increase performance, but is such a limited cpu core/speed wise (with only 4 cores) that Im not sure it will be worth it for games like COD Warzone.

The best thing you could do on a tight budget would be trying to get something like a Core i7 2600, or even better a core i7...
If you don't know, or have no experience, anything you can do with a computer, just like with a car, or an airplane. could be dangerous.

Is it worth it? thats the big question here, and one that you didn't do.

So in order to answer that question (is it worth it?) you have to ask yourself a few other question and share the answer with us:

What type of computer do I have?, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU, Storage?

Am I upgrading my celeron/core i3 to one of those core i5 cpus?

If thats the case (upgrading), whats the main and secondary use of the PC?

If the main use of the PC is gaming, what kinda of games do you play?

Do you have a limited budget?

Are this cpu parts you have lying around, and just what to put on good use?

Do you have the right cooler and thermal paste, if you were to OC a Core i5 2500K?

Aaradhya Sharma

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
If you don't know, or have no experience, anything you can do with a computer, just like with a car, or an airplane. could be dangerous.

Is it worth it? thats the big question here, and one that you didn't do.

So in order to answer that question (is it worth it?) you have to ask yourself a few other question and share the answer with us:

What type of computer do I have?, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU, Storage?

Am I upgrading my celeron/core i3 to one of those core i5 cpus?

If thats the case (upgrading), whats the main and secondary use of the PC?

If the main use of the PC is gaming, what kinda of games do you play?

Do you have a limited budget?

Are this cpu parts you have lying around, and just what to put on good use?

Do you have the right cooler and thermal paste, if you were to OC a Core i5 2500K?
  2. I5 2500k
  3. 8gb ram
  4. 450W
  5. Gtx 1660
  6. Yes I'm upgrading
  9. Very tight budget
Hope this helps

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Done carefully and methodically, you can increase (by a little bit) the stock performance of a "k" CPU.

In fairness, it depends on the era. Anything modern, you're lucky to squeeze out a little bit extra.
With something of the era of a 2500K, there's feasibly +30% to be had in some applications.

For little benefit I think it doesn't worth the risk

There's no outright "risk", if done correctly.
If you apply too high voltage etc, there is... but if you do your homework, all you're going to run into is (potentially) instability, not damage.

Greetings
I'm confused between i5 2500k and i5 3570, 2500k is ranked higher but I think that's because it's overlocked, help me
Thanks in advance
Have a great day ☺

The 2500k in a Sandybridge (28nm) part has the ability to overclock it beyond stock on a Z77 and Z67 Motherboard. (Can be made to run faster that it was spec'd for)

The 3570 is a Ivybridge (22nm) part and cannot be overclocked past spot.

THAT SAID, they are both extremely OLD PROCESSORS and an old overclock chip is a risky purchase. Overclocked pre-owned chips MAY suffer from silicon decay (electron migration) which makes them unstable at any clock speed. Be sure to check return policy and I wouldn't pay for than $40 for either one.

A 4 core i5 really isn't good for modern day gaming even at 5GHz. But it will do just fine at office apps.

2. I5 2500k
  3. 8gb ram
  4. 450W
  5. Gtx 1660
  6. Yes I'm upgrading
  9. Very tight budget
Hope this helps

If I undertsand correctly then theres no point in going from i5 2500K to a i5 3570, theres no much of a benefit on it.

OC the i5 2500K could lead to potential increase performance, but is such a limited cpu core/speed wise (with only 4 cores) that Im not sure it will be worth it for games like COD Warzone.

The best thing you could do on a tight budget would be trying to get something like a Core i7 2600, or even better a core i7 3770.

Thats if your motherboard allows it (which should, but you didn't wrote the complete brand and model), and if the BIOS is the right one, you may need to update it depending on the CPU upgrade you choose.

Alternatively you could save some cash and try to get a B450 mobo + Ryzen 5 2600/Ryzen 3 3100/Ryzen 3 3300X/Ryzen 5 3600 + 2x4GB or 2x8GB of DDR4 RAM.

Solution