[SOLVED] Is it normal for my laptop's GPU fan to not spin whenever in idle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorim28

Commendable
May 19, 2017
I have a Asus TUF Fx505 laptop that was just recently bought last month. I never really checked the fans since I was being confident that all is working well.

Almost a month has passed, I tried to check my laptop's fan and I just found out that only the left fan was working (CPU fan I believe). The fan on the right-rear portion of my laptop is not blowing any air and neither the one on the right side portion.

I tried switching it to Overboost mode with no luck.

Solution
Does the fan still come on when you hit higher temperatures? and does the GPU cool itself effectively still?

If so, this is normal, most GPUs will have a fan profile which basically stipulates how fast the fan runs depending on the temperature.
Many GPUs nowadays do not have fans start immediately, and will kick in when a temperature around 60 degrees (or so) is hit.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Does the fan still come on when you hit higher temperatures? and does the GPU cool itself effectively still?

If so, this is normal, most GPUs will have a fan profile which basically stipulates how fast the fan runs depending on the temperature.
Many GPUs nowadays do not have fans start immediately, and will kick in when a temperature around 60 degrees (or so) is hit.

Solution

Jorim28

Commendable
May 19, 2017
It reached to 90° and still doesn't come on. What I did earlier is I just brought it to Asus' service center and left it there to be checked and hopefully repaired. Thanks for the response btw.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Status
Not open for further replies.