[SOLVED] Is it normal to get 55 average FPS in AC Odyssey ?

May 21, 2020
My PC Specs
I5 9400F
MSI GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz

After doing a benchmark for Assassins creed Odyssey on my PC i got 55 avg FPS on Ultra high settings. Actually i expected to get higher results with this specs.
my question : is that normal to get 55 avg. fps on this specs or is there a bottleneck between the CPU and the GPU ?
also my fps drop down to 45 in cities where there is a lot of people. is this due to a poor optimization of the game or there is another problem like bottlenecking or whatever?

My PC Specs
I5 9400F
MSI GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz

After doing a benchmark for Assassins creed Odyssey on my PC i got 55 avg FPS on Ultra high settings. Actually i expected to get higher results with this specs.
my question : is that normal to get 55 avg. fps on this specs or is there a bottleneck between the CPU and the GPU ?
also my fps drop down to 45 in cities where there is a lot of people. is this due to a poor optimization of the game or there is another problem like bottlenecking or whatever?
What resolution?

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
is this due to a poor optimization of the game?

I purchased Odyssey on steam, played for about 10 minutes, came to this same realization and refunded it... Maybe I should've tried to monkey with settings but I just didn't feel like it that day. I guess I've just spoiled my eyes I can't stand anything below like 75... even If I go back and play something like dark souls 3 which is hard locked at 60 I just can't do it.... I can't go from playing something like doom eternal at a constant 144 even when running and gunning, flicking the camera, etc, then switch to something locked to 60 fps without taking some time to get used to it.

May 21, 2020
That’s going to hurt gaming performance significantly. You wanted dual channel so 2x8gb. Adding another 16GB is not guaranteed to work as RAM should be bought in matched kits.
i will get the 16gb (2x8) dual channel hoping that it would make a remarkable difference

May 21, 2020
Go on youtube and type Single Channel VS Dual Channel and look at the difference.

2x8GB is better than 1x16GB. In your case this is the difference between running Odyssey at 55 fps or 65+.
i will try replacing the single channel with the dual one and see the difference