Question Is it normal to have "1% Low" lower than your current frame rate?

vikaskumar2299

Commendable
Mar 31, 2022
PC - i5 12400F, 3050 6GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM, SATA SSD, 60Hz monitor.

Hi. In Warzone (1080p) low settings I get around 100 FPS if I don't limit frame rate to 60 FPS using NVIDIA control panel. And my 1% Low is above 70 FPS most of the time.

However, if I limit frame rate to 60 FPS, I thought I would be consistently getting 1% Low around 60 FPS as well. But I was wrong, as the 1% Low drops to around 50 FPS indoor scenes and around 40 FPS in resource consuming areas like grass and water. But current frame rate seems consistent to 60 FPS all the time.

Similar experience when I limited frame rates to 30 FPS. And I see 30 FPS as current frame rate all the time. But the 1% Low stayed around 24 FPS.

My GPU is being used only around 70% and no overheating. Is my GPU too weak?

So my question is, why it so? Will the 1% Low always stay lower no matter I limit the frame rates?

That mostly happens when you limit the FPS from the game itself because the game makes the whole game engine run slower.
The way to do it is to let the game run unlimited and use nvidia control panel or msi afterburner/rtss to set a framerate limit, this will use more resources, higher CPU and GPU usage, but the game will always stick to the framerate limit you have set, as long as it can keep up of course.

vikaskumar2299

Commendable
Mar 31, 2022
That mostly happens when you limit the FPS from the game itself because the game makes the whole game engine run slower.
The way to do it is to let the game run unlimited and use nvidia control panel or msi afterburner/rtss to set a framerate limit, this will use more resources, higher CPU and GPU usage, but the game will always stick to the framerate limit you have set, as long as it can keep up of course.
Like I said I limit it only from NVIDIA control panel. But, in other game GTA Online, 1% Low is almost always equal to limited 60 FPS. Much better.