Question Is it possible to downgrade Screen? Yoga 720 15lkb

May 3, 2021
Hello guys, here I have a strange request.

Here is the condition:
I get a 4K version of Lenovo Yoga 720-15lkb with 4k UHD screen for 3 months. Originally I was planning to use it for light gaming, but 4k UHD resolution does many problems on my (not well considered) plan. Now the screen shows a black line that always exist, which means it breaks (probably due to several hard press - it's a fragile touch screen).

Here is the question:
I was trying to find a way to replace a screen with resolution of 1080p. There are some screens with 40 pin and a resolution of 1080p (and even 1366*768). Is this technically workable? I care the resolution nomore. I just want my PC tough and runable.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

but 4k UHD resolution does many problems on my (not well considered) plan.
What does your plan entail?

Why don't you just reduce the in-game and OS native resolution if you think that the game is causing the laptop to overheat or if the image is small compared to what a lower res monitor would have...?

You might want to rethink your idea about swapping the panel, what the laptop came with from the factory is how it was meant to be. Either return it for a laptop that has the panel of your choice(from the factory) or leave it be.

May 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

but 4k UHD resolution does many problems on my (not well considered) plan.
What does your plan entail?

Why don't you just reduce the in-game and OS native resolution if you think that the game is causing the laptop to overheat or if the image is small compared to what a lower res monitor would have...?

You might want to rethink your idea about swapping the panel, what the laptop came with from the factory is how it was meant to be. Either return it for a laptop that has the panel of your choice(from the factory) or leave it be.
Thank you for your honest advice. Reduce in game resolution is what I do already. Thank you for the confirmation on the idea that screen should only be replaced with the factory designed one. I just can't give up downgrading idea immediately…

TRENDING THREADS