[SOLVED] Is it possible to install Photoshop CS2 from a CD or downloaded file? If not, how do i get CS2 on a new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Worker

Commendable
May 21, 2020
I would like to install my old Photoshop CS2 onto a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate. I have read that this is not possible anymore, even with the original software CD. If I cannot install from the old .EXE file that Adobe offered several years ago, or my own CD, is there any other way to transfer the software to a new PC? Could I install the old HD, with Photoshop installed on it, into a new PC, but load and save Photoshop files on a separate SSD? I would be very happy if I could at least load and save at a faster speed than I currently experience. Or, is it possible to copy the old hardrive, including the softwares, onto a new SSD? Thank you for any advice!

Solution
There is no other way, not legally. That's it. If that is not an option, then you don't have a legitimately licensed product, because if you did you would be able to either use that method OR contact Adobe for product support with this problem. I know that sucks, and is not the answer you are looking for, but it is the reality. There simply is no "magic bullet" in this case that is going to help you get this done, using legitimate methods.
You can't "transfer" installed applications. Applications on a new or different operating system need to be newly installed.

If you don't have the installation media for Photoshop and a valid activation key, then there is no other way that anybody here is going tell you or that exists. You need to have or have access to the physical installation media or be legally entitled to download it from the developer and be able to activate it legitimately and if you can do those things you shouldn't need anybody here to help you. If you CAN do those things, it should install normally.

Is this a torrented copy of Windows 7 Ultimate you are running?

Reactions: The Worker

The Worker

Commendable
May 21, 2020
You can't "transfer" installed applications. Applications on a new or different operating system need to be newly installed.

If you don't have the installation media for Photoshop and a valid activation key, then there is no other way that anybody here is going tell you or that exists. You need to have or have access to the physical installation media or be legally entitled to download it from the developer and be able to activate it legitimately and if you can do those things you shouldn't need anybody here to help you. If you CAN do those things, it should install normally.

Is this a torrented copy of Windows 7 Ultimate you are running?

No, I have a legitimate copy of the software, and the proper serial number. I read that it can no longer be installed due to Adobe "retiring the activation server" or something like that. I need a game plan for getting it onto the new PC one way or another. I have no way to test to see if it can install properly on a new PC, as my current PC is not powerful enough for me to feel comfortable creating a virtual machine for testing purposes. Just wondering if anyone here knows about this or has an alternative plan suggestion.

The Worker

Commendable
May 21, 2020
So, yes, those activation servers were retired LONG ago, and the only way to get it now is to download the non-activation server version, along with a new product key for the non-activation version.

Your answer is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...-activate-photoshop-cs2-and-cs3/td-p/10406426
Hi, it seems that this is not an option either. I would like to continue using the software that I'm familiar with, and paid for, so if anyone has a suggestion for a way to get it onto a new PC i would appreciate it!

There is no other way, not legally. That's it. If that is not an option, then you don't have a legitimately licensed product, because if you did you would be able to either use that method OR contact Adobe for product support with this problem. I know that sucks, and is not the answer you are looking for, but it is the reality. There simply is no "magic bullet" in this case that is going to help you get this done, using legitimate methods.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.