Question Is it possible to play on two different monitors using one pc?

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
What the title says, I’d like to know if I can play while my friend plays next to me with another monitor using the same pc? lol
Would just like to know as I just got a pc my self. Specs are i9900k and 2080ti

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
It wont be bad, but it'll just stress the CPU more, which can shorten the lifespan of the processor/graphic card or power supply as these are the 3 main components that will be working hard to keep your pc stable.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well, i already tried it using my computer and it worked just fine, but for two different people, you probably need a 2 gpu's instead of 3 actually, but none the less it should still be possible using 1 pc and using a different mouse and keyboard with somekind of a method.

USAFRet

Titan
Well, i already tried it using my computer and it worked just fine, but for two different people, you probably need a 2 gpu's instead of 3 actually, but none the less it should still be possible using 1 pc and using a different mouse and keyboard with somekind of a method.
"some kind of a method" is not a 'how'.

Multiseat is not a trivial config.
Multiseat gaming is even more complex and expensive.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well he already has a high end cpu and gpu, its not gonna get more expensive than what he has now, sure he might pay an extra thousand or so but its not gonna get more expensive than that max.
Its not gonna be am complex if you really know what you are doing, you just need to configure it the right way around, if you never tried it then don't.

USAFRet

Titan
you only have to enable dual monitor in windows itself . but it also depends on the game . i remember call of duty mw2 supported tripple monitor aswell. that's why fan based company samsung built it's ultra wide monitors .
Pushing out the same game instance to two monitors is trivial.

Playing 2 individual games, with 2 control sets (keyboard/mouse), and pushing each out to its own monitor is the difficult part.