Question Is it the charger or battery problem?

Apr 30, 2024
Hi I have Dell Inspiron 15 3576 and I got this problem pop up and I honestly really don’t know which one is it since it once says this then that. I knew the battery was a little dead but I didn’t really care since I’m always on the charger, also could I just change the charger and be on it without the battery all the time if it’s the charger? Since it popped up in bios my laptop slowed down drastically even after i changed the power settings back to high performance, is there a way to get it back to being fast as it is? Sorry for being chaotic, hope I can get some help here.

First message:
Alert! The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available.

Note: This warning can be disabled in BIO setup.

second:

Service Tag : JQ45WN2

Error Code : 2000-0133

Validation: 110426

Battery - The battery cannot provide sufficient power

Scan the QR code using a smartphone or mobile device to continue online.

Apr 30, 2024
Could be the battery or the ac adapter or the charging circuit on the motherboard. Since the battery is easily removable on that model does the error occur with the battery removed?
I removed the battery and there was no message at the startup, so it’s the battery right? Is there a way to speed up the computer or only after I replace the battery?

Apr 30, 2024
Do you remember what it was reading when you had the error? If not reinstall the battery and is the error reoccurs check the clock speed in bios.
I have no idea honestly but I just felt the performance „break” because my laptop never really lags and recently got hdd changed to ssd and nothing took more than a second to load but the windows booted n every app was a snail and i later found out the error when i restarted the laptop and trying to get to the power settings to change to performance instead of battery saving took 10 minutes and many not respondings, i still feel like the performance is slow should i turn off the laptop and wait and see what happens? Also is there a way i could contact You? Maybe via discord?

Apr 30, 2024
Did it feel faster with the battery removed? Contact should be kept on the forum in the thread.
I popped the battery back in and now it didn’t show the error message just booted up and i checked and the speeds show the same thing in the BIOS but i should add the windows boot up was really slow where before it was like 10 seconds and ready to use. Should I remove the battery again and check the performance again?

Apr 30, 2024
Did it feel faster with the battery removed? Contact should be kept on the forum in the thread.
Okay so I actually waited about an hour, I took out the battery and kept the laptop turned off and now turned it on after a while of a circle going round n round i got a blue screen with the code “thread stuck in device driver” and then the windows booted up but everything is so sluggish and even the animated wallpaper from wallpaper engine is in like 10 fps instead of 60. What does it mean? I also tried searching up some answers and some people say the battery might be needed even on charger to provide more power needed for all actions? thoughts?

Apr 30, 2024
Are you doing a clean shudown(clicking start->power->shutdown) or are you using sleep or hibernate? Does the bsod show the driver file in the body of the message?
Yep, I did a windows button and shut down. The blue screen didn’t have any driver just the code I provided before. I scanned everything in Device Manager and nothing seemed off except that I had no battery in the laptop. ps before that i restarted it with the button to power it on but later i didn’t maybe that got something to do with that but yeah the performance got a little better but it’s on id say like 40% of what was before

Apr 30, 2024
THis is the result, do you think it could be caused by me force turning off the laptop to access bios?

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\043024-28921-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA(0xFFFFB78F436EC040, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Bugcheck name:THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
Driver or module in which error occurred: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x4445D)
File path:C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
Description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Bug check description:This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
Analysis:This is a typical software problem. Most likely this is caused by a bug in a driver. A DirectX driver was identified on the stack. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, it is suggested that you look for an updated driver for your graphics hardware. It's also possible that your graphics hardware was non-functional or overheated.

Apr 30, 2024
Download the latest AMD and Intel drivers(don't install yet) then use DDU(to wipe the old drivers) then install the new drivers and see if that

Download the latest AMD and Intel drivers(don't install yet) then use DDU(to wipe the old drivers) then install the new drivers and see if that helps.
I did all u said and restarted the laptop and it booted up in safe mode that i activated earlier because it recommended it for me and i turned off safe mode by msconfig in the settings and restarted my laptop and now it won’t load it’s just stuck on this screen: https://freeimage.host/i/JglwwZP

Apr 30, 2024
What version of windows? How old is the install media(may need to download the newest version to run the startup repair).
I have no idea I know it’s windows 10 home and I got it installed while changing the disk to ssd in the repair shop at the start of this year or at the end of last year