[SOLVED] Is it the same A1/B1 with A2/B2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hi, as the title says, I would like to know if it's the same thing (dual channel) if I put my 2 ram sticks on the A1 and B1 slots or to the A2 and B2 slots. It's mostly to make sure my ram sticks don't touch the cpu cooler's fan and for aesthetics too. Any thoughts???

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

You should follow the RAM installation/configuration instructions in the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Forget RAM aesthetics: never allow form over function.

If the RAM sticks are touching the cpu cooler's fan then it is likely that something is not right.

Doublecheck the physical specifications to ensure that you have not exceeded some size limits with respect to motherboard/cooler/case etc..

Reactions: ioannis2015v

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

You should follow the RAM installation/configuration instructions in the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Forget RAM aesthetics: never allow form over function.

If the RAM sticks are touching the cpu cooler's fan then it is likely that something is not right.

Doublecheck the physical specifications to ensure that you have not exceeded some size limits with respect to motherboard/cooler/case etc..
Ok, I checked the user manual and on p.31 it says:
Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.
So, I guess that the 1 ram stick should go on DIMMA2 and the second on DIMMB2.
Lastly, the cpu air cooler ram clearance is 40mm but the ram sticks are 44mm. Despite that, both in air cooler's site where this cooler is psired with these ram and other users have used same ram sticks and cooler.

It's possible to raise front fan by a few mm, so it doesn't interfere with your ram.

ImageServer.php

Reactions: ioannis2015v
Status
Not open for further replies.