[SOLVED] Is it upgrade time ?

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Greeting friends,

a few years ago i built this PC : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PBwTnL

and i wanted to know if it's time for an upgrade.
I have never OCed anything and never even tried too.
My monitor is a random 1080p VGA

So which monitor should i get ? will my GPU run smoothly on 1440p ?
Do i need to add more RAM ? 2x8 so that i reach 32gb total ?
which gpu can i upgrade to?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Solution
I'm not seeing a graphics card listed. Does the system currently have a dedicated graphics card?

As for RAM, 16GB should still be enough for gaming, so I wouldn't be concerned about adding more RAM at this time. New processors will likely start transitioning to DDR5 in another year or two, so it's possible you might be upgrading to a CPU and motherboard that utilizes different RAM before having any real need for more than 16GB.

RealBeast

Titan
Greeting friends,

a few years ago i built this PC : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LM3YgL

thanks in advance
That is still a viable system unless you have specific needs. Of course, you can never stay up to date if a gamer, otherwise a 27" 1440p monitor would be nice, or a second 1080p -- dual monitors are nice.

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
That is still a viable system unless you have specific needs. Of course, you can never stay up to date if a gamer, otherwise a 27" 1440p monitor would be nice, or a second 1080p -- dual monitors are nice.
gaming movies work etc.

but which monitor should i get? which is best VfM for gaming ? 1440p

I'm not seeing a graphics card listed. Does the system currently have a dedicated graphics card?

As for RAM, 16GB should still be enough for gaming, so I wouldn't be concerned about adding more RAM at this time. New processors will likely start transitioning to DDR5 in another year or two, so it's possible you might be upgrading to a CPU and motherboard that utilizes different RAM before having any real need for more than 16GB.

Solution

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015

yeah my bad. i posted the wrong link. i just updated to the right one you can check now

Jul 6, 2020
Greeting friends,

a few years ago i built this PC : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PBwTnL

thanks in advance
You can definetly get into overclocking both your CPU and GPU and get a decent increase in performance