swez

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
My motherboard is socket fm2+ and im using amd athlon x4 840 with gtx 760 2gb , and im thinking of buying the athlon x4 880k will there be any performance increase in video games ?

Solution
I mean even a 6300 is a great cheap processor obviously if he is using an FM2 board he is looking for budget not a FM4 board he has to buy DDR4 and a pricey Ryzen processor for. I understand having a small budget and not being able to go buy the new 2018 2019 components, my build is a 8350 and been playing recent AAA games on high settings with no thermal problems at all (Rise of the Tomb Raider high 60fps, Apex Legends high 60fps, Fortnite epic 60fps all in 1080p) it is a handy little CPU for the price matched with the right GPU

DSzymborski

Titan
Not that you should be purchasing an AM3+ build in 2019 unless you get an amazing price, but in the event you do, a 125W CPU and a budget AM3+ motherboard is a really dire combination. We have gotten a multitude of complaints over the years from people throttling at stock.

As for the original question, there's no CPU on this platform that represents a significant improvement. You're simply at the end for this budget platform and a real upgrade will necessarily involve a newer platform at this point.

steamlandon454

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
I mean even a 6300 is a great cheap processor obviously if he is using an FM2 board he is looking for budget not a FM4 board he has to buy DDR4 and a pricey Ryzen processor for. I understand having a small budget and not being able to go buy the new 2018 2019 components, my build is a 8350 and been playing recent AAA games on high settings with no thermal problems at all (Rise of the Tomb Raider high 60fps, Apex Legends high 60fps, Fortnite epic 60fps all in 1080p) it is a handy little CPU for the price matched with the right GPU

Solution