[SOLVED] Is it worth to use sli?

Jul 20, 2019
Hey,

I’m wondering if its worth to use SLI on 2 1080ti or just buy 2080 ti?

Im getting 1080ti 533€ each and 2080 ti is 1100€-1300€ lowest .

Pls help.

Solution
If your usage is gaming:

Just buy a 2080Ti if those are your options.
Dual GPUs is slowly becoming redundant.

Not only does it unnecessarily double your power usage, but most games are either poorly optimised or won't run at all with dual GPUs.
That and the gain you get from running one better and newer GPU typically outweighs the benefit of 2 GPUs.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If your usage is gaming:

Just buy a 2080Ti if those are your options.
Dual GPUs is slowly becoming redundant.

Not only does it unnecessarily double your power usage, but most games are either poorly optimised or won't run at all with dual GPUs.
That and the gain you get from running one better and newer GPU typically outweighs the benefit of 2 GPUs.

Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I own 1080 and thinking of upgrading couse now gtx 1080 ti is cheap on 533€ price when it was 800-1100€ few weeks ago
Yes but are you currently suffering in performance in some way? Or is there an improvement you are looking for exactly?

And my monitor is 1080p 144hz
IMO anything above a 2060 is overkill for 1080p. If that's what you're currently running, I can't see an upgrade to a 2080 Ti being worth it.

Reactions: King_V

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well im getting fps drops and some stuttering
I would be looking at your whole system, PSU, RAM, Storage, Internet etc. to identify where the stuttering is coming from. I run a 1060 6G on 1080p 144Hz and barely get any stuttering on most games.

Are all gtx 1080’s overclockable
Yes pretty much. But all will overclock to different capabilities. But again, I wouldn't necessarily jump to it being your GPU straight away. I wouldn't normally expect a 1080 Ti to ever stutter on 1080p unless there was something else causing an issue.

Reactions: King_V