[SOLVED] Is memtest rowhammer test not a valid indicator of stability?

SuperSpasm

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
I RMA'd a faulty G.Skill memory kit (consistent bad addresses on one of the sticks).

They sent me a new kit of the same kind- the new kit fails Memtest's Rowhammer test (13) consistently when both sticks are inserted, but each stick passes by itself.
Additional testing info:
  • tested on both dual channel configurations, multiple times)
  • Tested with XMP off as well - they still fail.
  • Tested a different memory kit (dual channel) - passes, no issue.
I contacted G.Skill expressing my dissatisfaction with this (being the 3rd faulty G.Skill kit including another set that had different issues).

Their reply (below) devaules the rowhammer test as "not an indicator of stability". Is there any truth to this?
I know for a fact that it is not disabled by default, at least on my version of memtest86.

Full G.Skill reply:
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

First, we would like to establish that the Rowhammer test is not an indicator of stability. To test for system stability, please make sure that the Rowhammer test in Memtest is disabled. Memtest should also have this disabled by default in its standard list of memory tests.

If you wish to request for a different set of memory kit, we will be able to provide you with free shipping, please let us know is you wish to ship back your memory kit.

Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS