System
CPU - Ryzen 2700
Gpu - gtx 1070 zotac amp extreme
RAM - adata xpg 3000mhz 16gb (2 8gb)
SSD - hp ex920
HDD - Firecuda sshd (x2)
PSU - thermaltake 700w
Motherboard - Asus strix gaming f x470

So for the about the last 5hrs I’ve been troubleshooting my pc because like the title says it won’t turn on, nothing happens when I push the power button on the case, gpu light doesn’t come on, no lights on rgb case fans, they don’t even spin, neither does the cooler fans for the cpu. Only thing that happens when I plug back in the psu power cord is that the aurora lights on the mobo and the standby power light turn on. I’ve tried resetting cmos, putting one ram in at a time, removing both, removing and putting back 24pin power connector to the mobo, removing gpu, ssd, hdd. After I while I decided to test the power supply with a paperclip and the fan on the psu spun so I left it for about 30secs then turned it off, tried plugging it back into mobo and same thing, just mobo lights up and nothing. At this point I’m lost as to what it could be, is my mobo dead?

Last edited:
Solution
Yup I’ve double and triple checked, I don’t have another one I could try unfortunately but I’d assume the psu wasnt the problem since it turned on with the paperclip test?
yeah, it could be a dead mobo, i had an ecs h61 and it died one day, just prior changing the whhole pc case and rebuilding, it ran fine after it, the next day it died. replaced with another mobo and it turned on.

Try the cpu on another mobo, and if it turned on you're good to go.
System
CPU - Ryzen 2700
Gpu - thx 1070 zotac amp extreme
RAM - adata xpg 3000mhz 16gb (2 8gb)
SSD - hp ex920
HDD - Firecuda sshd (x2)
PSU - thermaltake 700w
Motherboard - Asus strix gaming f x470

So for the about the last 5hrs I’ve been troubleshooting my pc because like the title says it won’t turn on, nothing happens when I push the power button on the case, gpu light doesn’t come on, no lights on rgb case fans, they don’t even spin, neither does the cooler fans for the cpu. Only thing that happens when I plug back in the psu power cord is that the aurora lights on the mobo and the standby power light turn on. I’ve tried resetting cmos, putting one ram in at a time, removing both, removing and putting back 24pin power connector to the mobo, removing gpu, ssd, hdd. After I while I decided to test the power supply with a paperclip and the fan on the psu spun so I left it for about 30secs then turned it off, tried plugging it back into mobo and same thing, just mobo lights up and nothing. At this point I’m lost as to what it could be, is my mobo dead?
Tried to clean the gpu and ram contacts?

Yup I’ve double and triple checked, I don’t have another one I could try unfortunately but I’d assume the psu wasnt the problem since it turned on with the paperclip test?
yeah, it could be a dead mobo, i had an ecs h61 and it died one day, just prior changing the whhole pc case and rebuilding, it ran fine after it, the next day it died. replaced with another mobo and it turned on.

Try the cpu on another mobo, and if it turned on you're good to go.

Solution