[SOLVED] is my aio leaking

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
i wanted to clean up my pc and i found this like water on the "back of the case where u mound the motherboard" and i want to know is my 120 aio leaking or just dew ?
spec are in the idle temp photo

• ALSEYE X120 AIO
  • JN53I8s.jpg
Bucbjom.jpg

lIH3Dlh.png

Solution
the pc is not new tho like 8 months old
should i be worried and go to the boutique tomorrow or
Consider these then:
1)Did someone accidentally spill water on your PC when you weren't looking and didn't tell you? Or they tried to clean it up, but didn't get the inside?
2)Oil from the fan motor. I would've expected the fan to fling oil everywhere when it was spinning, if that were the case.
3)Dew should've formed a small collection of droplets somewhere, and gravity would've done the rest with the denser droplets. Take off the top panel and take a look... that shouldn't be too much trouble?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's troubleshooting, mate. You gotta do SOMETHING.
This, "There's liquid here, but I can't do anything", stops everything in its tracks.
In the suspicion of a leak, you have to take out the hybrid cooler and give it a good scan, or you bring the PC back to the boutique and make them check it out.

Does the fluid stink? The fluid in a hybrid cooler, consists of a glycol mixture, so it has a distinct scent to it.
It has a green-ish hue(can't see that in the picture) to it. Using paper towels should help ID it.
When it dries up, it tends to leave a white residue instead.

Reactions: Dj0gany

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
It's troubleshooting, mate. You gotta do SOMETHING.
This, "There's liquid here, but I can't do anything", stops everything in its tracks.
In the suspicion of a leak, you have to take out the hybrid cooler and give it a good scan, or you bring the PC back to the boutique and make them check it out.

Does the fluid stink? The fluid in a hybrid cooler, consists of a glycol mixture, so it has a distinct scent to it.
It has a green-ish hue(can't see that in the picture) to it. Using paper towels should help ID it.
When it dries up, it tends to leave a white residue instead.
no it has no smell and didn't leave any color on the paper towel

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok. Now the hybrid cooler needs to come out - whether it's you, a friend/relative, or someone from the boutique.
Or just bring the PC back, as I still believe it's a leak. Dew inside the chassis would have a more spotty look, not having a couple trails running down a particular area.

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
Ok. Now the hybrid cooler needs to come out - whether it's you, a friend/relative, or someone from the boutique.
Or just bring the PC back, as I still believe it's a leak. Dew inside the chassis would have a more spotty look, not having a couple trails running down a particular area.
i noticed the water an hour ago and since then after cleaned up it didn't show up again and i did prime cpu stress test and temps reached 61 in 5 min while 35 using chrome and discord only
i will take it tomorrow to the boutique i still have the warranty

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Whoa now, this would be a drip leak, not a radiator cracked and it's bleeding out kind of leak.
Boutique associate likely gave one of the screws one too many turns and punctured the radiator.
Kind of like a nail puncturing a tire: air leaks out more slowly while the nail is in there, but take it out...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Consider these then:
1)Did someone accidentally spill water on your PC when you weren't looking and didn't tell you? Or they tried to clean it up, but didn't get the inside?
2)Oil from the fan motor. I would've expected the fan to fling oil everywhere when it was spinning, if that were the case.
3)Dew should've formed a small collection of droplets somewhere, and gravity would've done the rest with the denser droplets. Take off the top panel and take a look... that shouldn't be too much trouble?

Solution

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021

YES.

Just like Phaze88 said. It could be a leak happening over time. Either way, it has to be checked. Not doing so has consequences flying in all directions; Leak more or lose the cooling liquid.

Be very worried.
Take the pc back to the builder.

AIO coolers will lose fluid over time, limiting their lifespan.
But, that only causes air bubbles, not leaks.
Leaks are uncommon and should be covered by warranty.
If left unchecked, a leak can blossom into a disaster.

I'm not surprised. Inter-Tech Alseye is very low quality like everything else from Inter-Tech.

But...9700K on a B365 motherboard with poor VRM without any heatsink and you took away the airflow from the VRM by using an AIO. That's not a very smart solution.

Last edited: