[SOLVED] Is my AIO working as normal

Jan 29, 2021
I just bought the Artic liquid freezer II rev 3 240mm. My case doesn't support a top mount so i front-mounted it, my temps where way higher as i expected it to be (idle around 45 degrees). So i thought it maybe wasn't getting enough air because it has a thicker radiator. So i changed the rotation of the airflow from the back to the front, the idle temps are now around 35 degrees. Still higher then i want it to be. I then removed to radiator from my case so it has enough air and then the idle temps where around 32 degrees. My fans are at max speed. I got 1 fan in the back of my case. My CPU is the ryzen 5 2600. I have gameboost eneabled (overclocks it to 3.85Ghz). I set the voltage to 1.150. Max temps are around 75/80 degrees. Stress tested with HeavyLoad. When overclocked to 4.00 Ghz, with 1.300V max temps are higher then 95 degrees, then i stopped the test. I plugged the fans into Sys_fan 3 and 4 and the pump to Pumpfan 1. Is there something wrong with it or is it just normal like this? And if there is something wrong can someone help me with it?

Solution
You should change the connection for the two FANS on the rad. That system intends that the PUMP unit be powered for full speed all the time, and having it plugged into your PUMP_FAN1 header is correct. Then the rad fans need to be plugged into the CPU_FAN header using the Splitter to connect them both to that one header. The automatic fan speed control system for that header is guided by the temperature sensor inside the CPU chip, so that is the header you need for rad fans. In BIOS Setup (see your mobo manual p. 59), select the CPU_FAN header and set its options as:
(Lower right) All Set Default
(Upper left) PWM Mode
When done, use Esc to return to Main Menu, then F10 to get to Exit Menu (p.51). There choose Save Changes and Reboot...
Jan 29, 2021
Tell us your mobo - maker and exact model number. Your connections are not quite right, but details of the mobo will help us provide the right advice.
I'm not quite sure about the number and i'm not home right now, but i got the b450 gaming plus max. I will look for the model number when i'm home

Jan 29, 2021
What is the make/model of your case and what is your fan arrangement?
What is the make/model of your graphics card?
I have 1 fan in the back, 2 on the radiator in the front. I got another 3 fans laying around that i can use. My GPU is the gtx 1650 OC edition with dual bearings, single fan from asus

Jan 29, 2021
I have 1 fan in the back, 2 on the radiator in the front. I got another 3 fans laying around that i can use. My GPU is the gtx 1650 OC edition with dual bearings, single fan from asus
I do want to mension my case has a power supply mount in the top and i have a non modular power supply so the cables are in the way of airflow

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You should change the connection for the two FANS on the rad. That system intends that the PUMP unit be powered for full speed all the time, and having it plugged into your PUMP_FAN1 header is correct. Then the rad fans need to be plugged into the CPU_FAN header using the Splitter to connect them both to that one header. The automatic fan speed control system for that header is guided by the temperature sensor inside the CPU chip, so that is the header you need for rad fans. In BIOS Setup (see your mobo manual p. 59), select the CPU_FAN header and set its options as:
(Lower right) All Set Default
(Upper left) PWM Mode
When done, use Esc to return to Main Menu, then F10 to get to Exit Menu (p.51). There choose Save Changes and Reboot. This will put the rad fans under automatic speed control based on the internal CPU chip temperature, and using thr pre-programmed settings with the correct Mode of fan control.

IF you install additional case ventilation fans, you can connect them to the four SYS_FAN headers. But note these items in the fan configuration options from p. 59. You must select each fan header in turn and configure each individually. For the CASE fans, IF there is any option for what temperature sensor to use, select the motherboard sensor. If your fans are 3-pin, set the MODE at upper left to DC; if they are 4-pin, set that to PWM. Remember to SAVE and Reboot.

Solution