Question Is my build killing my power supply?

Jan 24, 2023
Hello,

I would like to ask is there a chance my Build is killing my Power supplies?

I've already replaced my power supply 3 times within a year.

The first 1 Is a corsair hx 850 next is a Gigabyte 750 gold (forgot the actual model) and last week jist lost my corsair hx 750..

I'm using a pretty good voltage regulator and as far as I can tell there have been no fluctuations in my house..

My build :

I7 - 7700
24gb Ram
Gigabyte motherboard
Rtx 2080ti

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Extremely unlikely. Your components 'draw' power, and have an upper end, of which both the HX units are completely capable of handling. The Gigabyte, depends on the model, they've had decent enough units, and others than have been known to catch fire.

If the HX850 was particularly old, that could be understandable.
If the Gigabyte unit had been the first to go AND was one of the 'poor' units, I guess theoretically it could've damaged something to the point it's 'killing' units later

But in the order you've gone through them AND (assumption) the fact the hardware is otherwise 'fine', I'd be more inclined to look at your house wiring - or at least the particular outlet you're using.

Jan 24, 2023
Extremely unlikely. Your components 'draw' power, and have an upper end, of which both the HX units are completely capable of handling. The Gigabyte, depends on the model, they've had decent enough units, and others than have been known to catch fire.

If the HX850 was particularly old, that could be understandable.
If the Gigabyte unit had been the first to go AND was one of the 'poor' units, I guess theoretically it could've damaged something to the point it's 'killing' units later

But in the order you've gone through them AND (assumption) the fact the hardware is otherwise 'fine', I'd be more inclined to look at your house wiring - or at least the particular outlet you're using.

Thank you for your response, My Unit is fine as of now, I've temporarily replaced my psu with a cheap one while waiting for my new psu to arrive..

I'll hire an electrician to check my house wiring or any damages, as I don't know crap about it..

Thanks!