Question Is my Corsair AIO defective or am I just an idiot?

gibbo1992

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hello, asked this in a few places and still haven't managed to get a solid answer and it's driving me crazy. Long story short I bought a PC off my friend and after having it for a while have decided to try and switch up the RGB, I have realised that it isn't possible to change the RGB on my cooler and that is because it's not connected via the USB port on it - ok, fine.

The problem I'm having is where the USB should be is covered with the same plastic shell that surrounds my water block, there's a cut out around it that looks like it should not be there and ive tried to gently prise it off but with no success so far. Is this a common occurrence with water blocks and I'm just being an idiot, or is there a way to get this off that I'm missing?

The cooler is I believe the Hydro H110i and Here is a photo

And this is what I believe it should look like - https://www.techspot.com/products/cooling/corsair-hydro-series-h110i-gt.116032/

Thanks in advance this is driving me crazy!

Honestly I have never seen anything like that. I would say it could be the H100X as its basically the H100 without the digital part but thats not the right front. And it looks like it should be there but is still part of the plastic housing.

Might want to contact Corsair themselves for this.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Another question...was this cooler pulled off an OEM or boutique build? Sometimes the coolers used on those systems have diminished features in attempt to cut costs.

This is rather strange, though. If you contact Corsair, they'll ask if you have the actual serial number or ID of the part. That might be a code on the side of the radiator or might only be on the box.

gibbo1992

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Wow! thank you for the quick responses.

I sent my friend a text and he said that he bought all of the parts new from Overclockers so it shouldn't have! To be honest it's about 3 years old now so not sure if we will even be able to come up with those details or if they will send me another one - but I might let them know just to try and satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks!

I believe you have the h100 without the rgbs they use the same parts so you wouldnt have the cutout but just a filler.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Based on the picture of the water block, I doubt its the H100. I have an H100i which has it. The only one without it would be the H100x which has a different water block design than what he has.

And even without the RGB aspect the Hydro series normally has a USB connection to control the fan speeds.

Reactions: Jackrouach
Oct 12, 2019
Based on the picture of the water block, I doubt its the H100. I have an H100i which has it. The only one without it would be the H100x which has a different water block design than what he has.

And even without the RGB aspect the Hydro series normally has a USB connection to control the fan speeds.
Maybe not the h100 but my thought still applies they use same parts on multiple devices like in a car you have cutouts for certain buttons that dont have the actual button since you dont have the feature much like in my car I dont have front collision detection where my wife does in her car you have the button under the radio where in my car you see where it should be but instead have a plastic filler like a blank space.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk