[SOLVED] Is my cpu fan failing and how can i tell?

Feb 23, 2019
Hello.
I have an almost 2-year old hp desktop computer. Model is 410-101nv.
It's working great, absolutely no problems.
But almost 2 weeks ago i got a message while boot up saying "511 cpu fan not detected" i pressed F1 and turned on my computer. Didn't see that message again, until today. My computer is still running just fine though. I noticed that both of these times my computer was turned off for many hours. Not that this should matter but just mentioning it.
I'm not experienced at all with hardware problems so i was wondering if i can figure out any problems from windows or an app maybe, or i have to take it to a technician.
Thank you in advance.

Feb 22, 2019
Hello.
I have an almost 2-year old hp desktop computer. Model is 410-101nv.
It's working great, absolutely no problems.
But almost 2 weeks ago i got a message while boot up saying "511 cpu fan not detected" i pressed F1 and turned on my computer. Didn't see that message again, until today. My computer is still running just fine though. I noticed that both of these times my computer was turned off for many hours. Not that this should matter but just mentioning it.
I'm not experienced at all with hardware problems so i was wondering if i can figure out any problems from windows or an app maybe, or i have to take it to a technician.
Thank you in advance.
Check what speeds you fan is spinning at, (is it spinning at all) and is the fan cable plugged all the way in? It may have come lose. If the fan is broken, its not too much of a big problem as they arent as expensive as hardware.

Feb 23, 2019
First of all thank you for replying.
Secondly, it is spinning, and what seems weird to me is that it starts spinning immediately when i turn on my computer.
I suppose i have to check the cable.
Although, i tried to download speedfan but since i have no idea about hardware i don't know if i'll be able to tell a problem by the results.

Feb 22, 2019
First of all thank you for replying.
Secondly, it is spinning, and what seems weird to me is that it starts spinning immediately when i turn on my computer.
I suppose i have to check the cable.
Although, i tried to download speedfan but since i have no idea about hardware i don't know if i'll be able to tell a problem by the results.
All CPU fans spin when you first turn on the PC. As long as you have good temps (check by downloading a program called HWmonitor) I wouldn't worry about it.