Question Is My CPU Temps Normal?

defrons

Commendable
Nov 23, 2020
Hello,
Im using this build on my pc, and recently installed the cooler.
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RTX 3060Ti
Ram: 2x8Gb Corsair
PSU: Msi a650Gf
Mobo: B550
Cooler: MSI Core Liquid Mag 240

I found my idle temp was around 42-57 Celcius, Im living in Indonesia which have around 26-28 ambience temp. And when I used it for netflix it goes around 50-64. Is it normal? Cause I found many article that said this series of gpu cooler failed in the usage.
Thank you

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
MSI Core Liquid Mag 240
Cause I found many article that said this series of gpu cooler failed in the usage.

I think you meant CPU cooler, if so, then yes that AIO has been the center of a hot topic and even bringing MSI at the forefront of questionable practices or even Quality Control.

I'd ask you to keep an eye on the temps. How old is the AIO you're working with? Make and model of the case, the fans in said case and their orientation? How is the AIO setup in your build?

Just to doublecheck, which one do you from these two;
https://www.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-240R
?

defrons

Commendable
Nov 23, 2020
MSI Core Liquid Mag 240
Cause I found many article that said this series of gpu cooler failed in the usage.

I think you meant CPU cooler, if so, then yes that AIO has been the center of a hot topic and even bringing MSI at the forefront of questionable practices or even Quality Control.

I'd ask you to keep an eye on the temps. How old is the AIO you're working with? Make and model of the case, the fans in said case and their orientation? How is the AIO setup in your build?

Just to doublecheck, which one do you from these two;
https://www.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-240R
?
I have the earlier version of this product, about 6 months I think I used this CPU cooler. It goes around 78 C when I play Dota 2 or Genshin Impact. The radiator is on top of the case

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cooler: MSI Core Liquid Mag 240
I have the earlier version of this product, about 6 months I think I used this CPU cooler. It goes around 78 C when I play Dota 2 or Genshin Impact. The radiator is on top of the case
Won't last that way. The pump is in the radiator on this model. Air in the loop will kill the pump in a short period of time.
It needs to be front mounted.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is the v2 solved this problem? Is it worth to buy the v2?
The pump is still in the radiator, so no. There are 3 different pump locations amongst AIO/CLCs, and the viable radiator mounting options aren't exactly the same between them:
Cpu/water block: top or front.
In the radiator: front only. Even if rear exhaust can work, I'd never suggest it with a 120mm unit.
In-line(EX: be quiet's Pure Loop 2): top or front.
Honorable mention to Alphacool's Eisbaers, that can do top, front, and bottom, thanks to the little window allowing the user to see the impeller and fluid level.

Now, if you're referring to the early clogging, I wish I knew. There just isn't enough info/complaints out there on the V2s... then again, that lack of info could be interpreted to mean that the coolant isn't contaminated.

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
The idle temperature range you are seeing of 42-57 degrees Celsius for your CPU is generally considered normal for a Ryzen 5 3600 processor. The temperature can be affected by a number of factors, including ambient temperature, the cooling solution being used, and the thermal paste used between the CPU and the cooler. When you are using your pc for streaming the temperature may increase due to the additional load on the CPU. So the temperature range you mentioned 50-64 degrees Celsius is still considered normal for this type of activity and shouldn't cause any damage to your CPU.