[SOLVED] Is my GPU broken?

Jul 30, 2019
Hi guys!

I just got my RX 570 from Gigabyte (Gaming OC), and I installed it and powered up the system. First try, the screen detects something but nothing happened. Blank screen. The GPU's RGB LEDs are working though, just like the fans. I try a second time, and surprise! It displays something. Since I have an old (2012-2014) motherboard, it showed me the Intel screen, where post codes are shown, and only one, 5A, is showing. I tried the BIOS, but everything seemed to be frozen. What could be happening?

M-Board: Intel DQ35JO
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming OC
PSU: EVGA 450 80 PLUS BRONZE

Also, since the drivers are coming in a CD (What a wonderful idea.) I didn't installed them. Could it be the problem? Thanks guys!

Solution
The drivers are only for windows, not for initial startup i.e. BIOS. Make sure you have the extra power cables connected to the GFX card and the monitor cable is connected to the new GFX card. Try resetting the BIOS. Remove the battery for 10s then reinstall and/or use the jumper switch on the motherboard. Hope this helps.

Diddly

Distinguished
The drivers are only for windows, not for initial startup i.e. BIOS. Make sure you have the extra power cables connected to the GFX card and the monitor cable is connected to the new GFX card. Try resetting the BIOS. Remove the battery for 10s then reinstall and/or use the jumper switch on the motherboard. Hope this helps.

Solution
Jul 30, 2019
Do I need to run the computer without the jumper switch and then reinstall it? Because it didn't work at all sadly, I tried both..