Is my GPU dead?

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Hey guys,yestedays around 4 am while I was playing League of Legends and after a game I was just scrolling on twitter etc and my screen went grey,but the kind you'd see on your TV screen rather than on your PC,I've never had that before and it was switching from that sceen to the actual one and after about 20 seconds or so It came back to normal and it said that my display driver has recovered etc,and everything was fine.The next day I did my usual stuff on the PC,played games and etc,and AT THE EXACT SAME TIME the same thing happens only this time after those 20ish seconds my screen goes black but I can hear my friend on discord just fine.So I hit the restart button mostly in panic and after my PC boots up and I get the ''Starting Windows'' screen after that nothing happens,just the same old blackish screen from back then.I tried Startup repair and it didnt work,I've booted up Windows in Safe mode and tried uninstalling the AMD Driver,It wouldnt budge on the uninstalation screen so I had to use Display Driver Uninstaller and after uninstalling I restarted my PC,everything booted up just fine and I went to download the latest AMD Drivers,it said it recognized my GPU etc and intalled,so after restarting again I met the same old problem,nothing happens after the Windows Screen,also,I dont hear anything like as if its loading up or not,just that screen.I tried 2 different drivers both had the same result.I've checked the cables and the PC,GPU,everything seems to be OK as far as I could tell.One thing to note,when I did uninstall the driver in safe mode,some weird windows installation started,like as if when you plug in a new device and it wanted to find an audio driver with AMD something on it?It was weird so I thought I should note that.

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

Could I like put it in another PCI slot or something?I dont really have anywhere to check at the moment and I wanted to hear thought before I take it to the shop.
Specs :
FX 6300
R9 270X ASUS 2GB
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

Well,I cant even see the GPU in anything,DX Diag or Speccy,I doubt I'd see it in GPU-Z since Im currently my integrated card is on.

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

I havent even removed the GPU from the slot,Im guessing I should do that now,my motherboard seems to have 2 more slots,can I try putting it in one of those?I listed the specs above btw

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

FX 6300
R9 270X ASUS 2GB
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
8GB of Kingston HyperX.
I dont have the proper screwdrivers right now so I cant really get it out of the slot or anything,The GPU seems to be working,its hot,the fans are spinning and I think its in place...

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

I dont know how much this helps but.... Look at this https://i.gyazo.com/a818e09ee67aa29e5a442ae94877f0bd.png
When I uninstall driver it does this,and it installs the PCI thing as a High Definition Audio Controller lmao
Also tried the third option which is like delete the drivers for a clean slate when installing a new GPU and then this pops up https://i.gyazo.com/d6065c3409506a43b3602748287e8a99.png kind of the same,the unknown device is just another AMD Audio Controller which makes no sense to me...GPU is connected,the green light is on,fans spinning,it should be working but its not at all.

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
I have more updates,I've been trying and trying and trying.This whole High Definition Audio Controller seems like some bollocks my windows is using on me,I've uninstalled it and viola my R9 270 was recognized,and it promped me to restart.After doing so the same problem came.So I booted up safe mode and downloaded drivers but I got the Error 99 AMD Installer Cannot Continue Because the Driver has not Been Digitally Signed,it was annoying because I felt like I was figuring it out and there was no other way then to use AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and start all over again,after restarting My card wasnt recognized again as I turned off my internet to prevent windows from labeling it as it did before and installed my driver,but no luck.I HAVE HOWEVER NOTICED SOMETHING,MY KEYBOAR AFTER WINDOWS LOADS SHUTS DOWN,ALL 3 LIHTS BLINK AT THE SAME TIME AND IT TURNS OFF JUST BEFORE THE BLACK SCEEN.

uppercut4u

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
This sounds like a driver issue. You need to make sure windows is not auto installing drivers, which it does if win 10.

Make sure to set windows updater to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" option in your windows update settings. Next time windows finds a driver for your GPU. Be sure to tell windows to hide it, and never remind you again.

You will however need to install drivers manually

PrinceOfDarkness00

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016

That doesnt help really,because in the end if that doesnt work my PC wont recognize my GPU and I cant install the driver based on nothing because the installation will fail,its annoying because that one time I was able to recognize the GPU but was so blinded by the You need to restart to apply this change without Saying No and installing the driver and then restarting..