F1REF1GHTER

Honorable
Mar 17, 2017
So I bought this SATA 1TB HDD few months back and all of a sudden it stop functioning properly today. Randomly started corrupting few of my files and I even got a S.M.A.R.T error during windows boot regarding the HDD. I even did chksdk /f which fixed some errors but corruption continued. I even erased my drive but no luck. Windows test kept showing it as 'pred failed' & below is the result I got from crystal info: . Any help/suggestion would be appreciated!

Solution
Yes, it is failing.
No, you can't "fix it".

Is it still under warranty?

But really, ALL drives are in the process of failing, from Day 1.
Yours just happens to be way farther along the path to that eventual death.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, it is failing.
No, you can't "fix it".

Is it still under warranty?

But really, ALL drives are in the process of failing, from Day 1.
Yours just happens to be way farther along the path to that eventual death.

Solution

Jonathan_Steadman

Commendable
Jul 20, 2021
So I bought this SATA 1TB HDD few months back and all of a sudden it stop functioning properly today. Randomly started corrupting few of my files and I even got a S.M.A.R.T error during windows boot regarding the HDD. I even did chksdk /f which fixed some errors but corruption continued. I even erased my drive but no luck. Windows test kept showing it as 'pred failed' & below is the result I got from crystal info: . Any help/suggestion would be appreciated!
If I was you I would replace the drive and backup. Bad or caution warning is better to replace it at that time.