librarianonloan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
MSI Z390-A Pro ATX M/B
Intel i5 9400F CPU
ASUS Radeon RX570 4GB ROG STRIX GPU
Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold P/S
WIN10 Pro
My son assembled & has been running daily for ~16 months.

PROBLEM : computer will not turn on.

-- on/off button on case has no effect.
-- shorted switch contacts on M/B - no effect.
-- took switch from old machine & connected to contacts on M/B - no effect.
-- LED on GPU is on ( so P/S is running ).
-- no other activity ( fans, etc. ).

Please Help. Thank you.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Unplug the hdmi/dp cable from the gpu, discharge the mb (plug psw back the way it was and on a switched off psu hold the power button on case) and see does that kill off all the leds. With hdmi/dp cable still unplugged switch psu back on and try to start the pc. In case of no reluts I'd swap out the mb powering cables of ur psu for new ones (if you have a modular one and spare cables) or trying a different psu to confirm it's not it. If still nothing yeach it's probably mb ready for rma.

librarianonloan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
Unplug the hdmi/dp cable from the gpu, discharge the mb (plug psw back the way it was and on a switched off psu hold the power button on case) and see does that kill off all the leds. With hdmi/dp cable still unplugged switch psu back on and try to start the pc. In case of no reluts I'd swap out the mb powering cables of ur psu for new ones (if you have a modular one and spare cables) or trying a different psu to confirm it's not it. If still nothing yeach it's probably mb ready for rma.
Tested the PSU with a multimeter -- all outputs at correct voltages. Wires in perfect shape. The only thing left was the M/B, so back it goes to MSI.
Thanks for the help.