[SOLVED] Is my mobo or psu short circuiting?

May 8, 2020
Hey, i built my pc around two days ago. We had some problems in the beginning these were that we plugged all the front panel connectors in the wrong pins, and when we tried to turn on the psu the electricity immediatly went out idk if this has something to do with my problem. Then the next morning i figured out the problems with the fpanel, so now they are where they are supposed to be, but my pc has shut down 4 times now and all those times the electricity went with it. I dont have a bad psu either it's a Be quiet! Pure power 11, 600w. There isn't one specific thing that happens each time either it just takes out the electricity. Thanks for the help if i get some and dont be scared to ask questions :) rlly want to know the root of the issue. Other components are AMD ryzen 5 3700, ram, Prime B450-plus mobo and radeon rx 5700 oc
EDIT: Now this happens every time i switch my PSU on!

Last edited:
Solution
I don't really understand your queston.

Well maybe the circuit breaker (the thing that trips off your electric sockets by an overload) is too sensitive. In my country we have a different circuit breaker for bathrooms and rooms with more humidity then other rooms for safety reasons. But maybe your circuit breaker is sensitive in a way that it trips the circuit really fast if there is a small overload
May 8, 2020
I'm not an expert or anything if what i'm saying isn't true at all pls correct me. But maybe you have a bad PSU, since it takes down your electricity as well that seems logic. Try testing it with another PSU or test your PSU. Again i'm not a troubleshoot expert this just seems the most obvious thing.

May 8, 2020
Thanks, but the problem is that i don't have one of those and the problems described in those never fit my sitation. I could try to see if i can return my psu but i dont think i can since the pc was a kit with all the parts

May 8, 2020
Thanks, but the problem is that i don't have one of those and the problems described in those never fit my sitation. I could try to see if i can return my psu but i dont think i can since the pc was a kit with all the parts

I don't know exactly what went wrong but since your PSU is the only thing connectect direct into you power grid it seems obvious that it has to do something with shutting down your whole grid or it could be your power grid the circuit overloaded like when you plug too many devices in one power loop (don't know if i'm using the right terms english isn't my native language)

May 8, 2020
I don't know exactly what went wrong but since your PSU is the only thing connectect direct into you power grid it seems obvious that it has to do something with shutting down your whole grid or it could be your power grid the circuit overloaded like when you plug too many devices in one power loop (don't know if i'm using the right terms english isn't my native language)

Ok i searched something real quick about the last thing i mentioned, too many devices on 1 power circuit. It could be that your circuit is overloaded. Try using your PC in another room or on another circuit since you said that it shuts off your whole electricity.

https://www.platinumelectricians.com.au/blog/avoiding-overload-power-points/

May 8, 2020
Might be it, but what's weird is that it has only happened here with my pc. Like we use a vacuum cleaner here which uses more power than my pc so idk..

Maybe your circuit breaker is sensitive so it trips it off fast how is it connected to your socket? Directly or trough a socket extension block? could alsomake a change sometimes i think.

edit with sensitive i mean the Amps it takes to trigger it again i dont know the exact terms cuz english not my first language

Last edited:
May 8, 2020
I don't really understand your queston.

Well maybe the circuit breaker (the thing that trips off your electric sockets by an overload) is too sensitive. In my country we have a different circuit breaker for bathrooms and rooms with more humidity then other rooms for safety reasons. But maybe your circuit breaker is sensitive in a way that it trips the circuit really fast if there is a small overload

Solution