is my pc build bottle necked or bad?

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
im building my first pc and i posted a forum page for if its all compatable. when the thread was done i showed my friend and he said it was bottle necked and dont know if it is
the first forum page :http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3818347/building-dont-compatable.html
my parts that got picked: CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€157.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€75.85 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€135.89 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€78.98 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB DUKE Video Card (€340.31 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Thermaltake - View 22 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case (€58.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair - Vengeance 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€62.07 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Solution
Their never been a PC built without a bottleneck and never will be. All it refers to is the slowest part doing the task at hand and can change to a different part doing a different task.

Their nothing wrong with your build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your friend has little to no knowledge of how things work.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Their never been a PC built without a bottleneck and never will be. All it refers to is the slowest part doing the task at hand and can change to a different part doing a different task.

Their nothing wrong with your build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your friend has little to no knowledge of how things work.

Solution
So many people use the word 'bottlenecked' incorrectly. As a PC enthusiast, it's disgusting, and somewhat annoying. A bottleneck is what happens when a part is slowed down by something else doing the same task, for example, if you send a file from one SSD to another, it will be transferred at the slowest drive's speed. Or when a task maxes out a component. A CPU and GPU do entirely different tasks when gaming, so they will NOT bottleneck each other, but they will be bottlenecked by the task they are doing.

Ex: if you are playing a game that is too much for your GPU, but your CPU still has some headroom, then turning down the settings would equal this out, and you could use a better GPU for better framerates. [Most Common]

Ex: If you are playing a game that is too much for your CPU, but your GPU still has some headroom, turning UP the settings should also equal this out a bit, which would say you would need a better CPU for better framerates.

Just because you are playing GTA V and your CPU is maxed out getting low framerates, doesn't mean your GPU is operating any slower, it isn't. It just means your CPU is being bottlenecked by GTA V and needs to be upgraded to play the game easier.

So to answer your question, no it's not bottlenecked, even a dual core CPU wouldn't bottleneck a 1080 Ti. Your dual core would be bottlenecked in every modern game you try, but the GPU would still be able to handle ultra settings. A Ryzen 5 2600 is a great processor and you shouldn't have any issues.

Most people start upgrading their components when the bottleneck becomes too much, for example, someone who owns a 1080 Ti would upgrade when they could no longer play on max settings or the highest current resolution.