Is my PSU or motherboards failing?

Ryan_119

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
So i have ai suite installed and I get notifications fairly often in the lower corner that say "Warning 5V+.000" or something of that sort. My computer did randomly just shut off a few minutes ago, not sure why. But i even swapped out this power supply for a brand new one and I still got the same message. Hope its not the motherboard, lga 1155 mbs are hard to come by brand new, small selection.
I also ran Speccy as I read in another forum post and my results were:
Voltage
CPU CORE 1.040 V
+12V 12.288 V
AVCC 3.424 V
3VCC 3.424 V
+5V 5.000 V

Solution
I would return back to stock bios settings by clearing the cmos, your manual will explain this procedure. you will need to go into bios after and set the sata mode , video mode etc as before you clear cmos, just don't touch the oc settings again.

And test

Ryan_119

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
I have used the asus one step overclock before without touching the voltage. The posted voltages were fine at the time that I posted them, but i think i have also had it where the 5v was around 8v. Not entirely sure if thats what i saw but I think it was.

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
I would return back to stock bios settings by clearing the cmos, your manual will explain this procedure. you will need to go into bios after and set the sata mode , video mode etc as before you clear cmos, just don't touch the oc settings again.

And test

Solution