Question Is my set up, compatible with..?

Aug 22, 2019
Hello, I'm looking into getting a Capture Card to stream online both Xbox and PC; my main computer has:

Intel Core i7-8565U CPU @1.80GHZ (1.99 GHz)
16GB Ram
64-bit OS Windows 10

Whereas my other laptop is older by quite a bit, running:

Intel Core i3-4005U CPU @1.70GHz
6GB Ram
64 Bit OS Windows 10.

What I'm trying to determine, is if my set up is compatible with Elgato HD60 S.

I intend to use Streamlabs OBS on one, and my games and all else, on the other.

TIA!

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to list the make and model + SKU for both laptop's to understand what you have to work with(inclusive of a discrete GPU). With merely the information you've posted about the processors, the Elgato will work with the i7 equipped laptop but you're not going to be do anything with the i3 equipped laptop.

Gaming would require a discrete GPU to offload graphical duties as the iGPU isn't capable of gaming, which is why I think my answer might change once the SKU's are listed.

Aug 22, 2019
You might want to list the make and model + SKU for both laptop's to understand what you have to work with(inclusive of a discrete GPU). With merely the information you've posted about the processors, the Elgato will work with the i7 equipped laptop but you're not going to be do anything with the i3 equipped laptop.

Gaming would require a discrete GPU to offload graphical duties as the iGPU isn't capable of gaming, which is why I think my answer might change once the SKU's are listed.

You're basically speaking another language to me by mentioning GPU I know i've played my games on both devices just fine, it's just a matter of is the Elgato going to be able to work with the i3 (as I know it'd be fine with the i7) I'm simply planning to unload the capture card onto OBS on the i3. OBS/Capture card is literally ALL the i3 is going to be doing.